Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (C4429)
Deadline: February 16, 2020
This posting represents a five-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, the incumbent leads the achievement of the university’s communications strategy to advance the brand and reputation of Concordia. He/she develops effective relationships with members of the University’s senior administration, the communications advisors in all faculties and units, and members of Concordia’s internal and external community.
- Direct and coordinate the operations of the following University Communications Departments (UCS) departments: Studio, Web, Strategic Content Marketing, University Advancement communications and Recruitment communications (undergrad and grad).
- Work in close collaboration with UCS directors to ensure brand cohesiveness from all faculties and units is on point.
- Partner with senior leaders and business units (Deans, AVPs, Vice-Provosts) to develop brand positioning and messaging in support of the university’s communications strategy and the unit’s business and communications goals, recognize internal and external communications opportunities and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them. Recommend and lead thorough marketing research and analytic initiatives to support brand and business building objectives.
- Guide the development and execution of a multi-touchpoint, cross-sector and platform communications approach to ensure all audiences are appropriately targeted in timely fashion.
- Provide leadership in the development of strategic communications planning for University Advancement fundraising, including all materials and proposals on behalf of the university.
- Oversee the establishment, development and running of the university’s filming/photography- studio.
- Ensure the ongoing refreshment of the university’s visual identity as it applies to all platforms from print through digital and web.
- Ensure continuity of messaging across all major publications at the university.
- Provide senior level guidance to the recruitment marketing effort.
- Develop and ensure adherence to a university tone of voice that can be adapted across various channels and platforms.
- Establish links with other senior administrative personnel throughout the university to attain the unit’s goals and objectives;
- Oversee the management and administration of the department’s staff complement, anticipate the human resource requirements in alignment with the department’s strategic direction and recommend staffing strategies to the CCO.
- Formulate and recommend strategic and implementation plans to the CCO and UCS departments, including strategy, budget, timelines and resources; ensure UCS has required technology and infrastructure to carry out its mission.
- Evaluate major university projects from a communications risk/benefit perspective.
- Oversee all aspects of financial planning and management of the operating budget for UCS.
- Prepare and deliver concise, compelling verbal presentations to senior decision-makers, and respond quickly and thoughtfully to challenges in meeting situations.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, communications or a related field with at least ten (10) years of field experience and a sound business acumen.
- Demonstrate strong brand, marketing and communications skills and depth of experience developing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns that deliver strong business results.
- A solid track record of developing and leading successful Marketing and Communications strategies that achieve specific, measurable results.
- Proven ability to lead a dynamic team of professionals and provide oversight to ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Strong analytical skills and have the ability to translate data into meaningful, actionable insights
- Stay abreast of Marketing and Communications trends, changes and best practices and incorporate into your daily work.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of English and French spoken and written; ability to communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and to problem solve.
- Effective managerial and leadership skills, superior problem solving, negotiating, and organizational skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate and work with a variety of professionals.
- Ability to interact effectively and respectfully with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to motivate, manage and mentor diverse groups toward the accomplishment of established goals.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, business savvy, and ability to innovate.
- Ability to conceive, implement and evaluate strategic programs to achieve goals.
- Ability to identify business opportunities and direct programs based upon research findings.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 16, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities