Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ASSISTANT, BUDGET SUPPORT (P3935A-P4652)
Deadline: February 10, 2020
This posting represents two full-time permanent positions.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Administration, the incumbent performs a variety of activities in support of the budgeting process for the Strategic Planning, Project and Property Management groups. He/she prepares, processes, reconciles financial documents and budgets, and provides administrative support to the groups.
- Provide front-line and support services, contribute to the Procurement to Pay, consolidate and prepare invoices for approval, meet with internal & external stakeholders including multiples vendors
- Oversee the processing and tracking of project/property invoices and ensuring complete backup documentation; reconcile financial information and trouble shoot inaccuracies.
- Maintain a filing system of invoices and requisitions; perform queries within the financial system in order to ensure that payments are made and prepare corrective journal vouchers as needed.
- Correspond with internal and external clients regarding invoices and payments and troubleshoot with Purchasing and Accounts Payable to resolve issues and proactively follow up.
- Liaise with various internal departments in order to resolve issues regarding encumbrances and project funding.
- Create cost-tracking spreadsheets to reconcile budgets.
- Plan and prepare the Journal Vouchers to accurately allocate time sheet hours to the appropriate project fund.
- Encumber construction and renovation contracts, change orders for general contractors and professionals in banner, and verify approvals, PTARs and funding are complete and accurate. Keep a register of all encumbrances.
- Verify request for authorization forms (RFA's) prepared by project management, monitor and track PQI and MAO funding.
- Verify & process timesheets from casual employees; ensure accurate coding and entry in the HR system.
- Maintain and develop guides and tools to ensure that Project Managers learn and follow established Departmental and University controls, policies and guidelines.
- Provide assistance with financial and control administrative matters & functions; provide back up to team members during absences.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two-year pre-university DEC) in a relevant field and two to four years of experience working in the project/construction management field.
- Basic knowledge of accounting controls.
- Strong knowledge of University procurement policies.
- Ease with accounting and reconciliation principles.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English, good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French in order to communicate with service providers and internal clients.
- Advanced Excel skills and basic Word skills in order to prepare letters and spreadsheets, and experience with the Windows platform.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills and ability to handle competing demands.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude in order to follow up on outstanding issues and conclude them satisfactorily.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, with diverse groups of people.
$26.72 - $32.14 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities