Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
SERVICE ASSISTANT, LANGUAGE TESTING CENTRE (P5897)
Deadline: February 5, 2020
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the incumbent provides provide optimal client experience in relation to front-line services offered by CCE Language test center. He/she processes test candidates applications, and financial transactions; also, the test centre’s administrative functions.
- Provide optimal client experience in relation to front-line services offered by Continuing Education’s Test Centre; assist clients, staff and visitors for operational and information requests in a confidential and professional manner.
- Process the Test Centre test takers admission, enrollment, registration and withdrawals for British council and Paragon in the Student Information System (SIS); assess and resolve issues that arise and implement appropriate solutions.
- Process test takers financial account transactions in the SIS including collection of payments and issuing refunds; reconcile the daily cashier/register activities for test takers financial transactions.
- Process test takers admissions in the British Council and Paragon respective portals SIS respecting admission requirements, application procedures, immigration policies, regulations and procedures.
- Prepare correspondence and test taker requested documents, including additional test results form, enquires on results and the like; upload all pertinent documents.
- Prepare test materials, examiners record sheet, test takers’ apportionment timetable, attendance registration.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) two to four years of related experience; two years' experience with the IELTS administration system (ORS, IWAS, IAM)
- Good knowledge of the Paragon portals.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French able to respond to in-person and telephone requests for information.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word and Excel; good data entry and electronic mail systems skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask; ability to work independently and in a team; client service orientation.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE262-14A and that the associated salary range is $28.62 to $34.04 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 5, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities