Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
SENIOR NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST (P1988)
Deadline: January 28, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Network Services, the incumbent designs, administers, monitors and supports network security solutions supporting Concordia University’s operational, academic and research activities. He/she takes a leading role in identifying and mitigating network security vulnerabilities and incidents.
- Design, configure and maintain network security infrastructure, security systems and monitoring tools ensuring optimal system reliability, availability and maintainability.
- Develop and improve the processes and procedures in alignment with organizational strategy and ITSM/industry best practices; performs quality control of the deliverables and quality assurance of related processes and methodologies.
- Act as the senior technical expert, provide third level support for complex incidents and request affecting multiple end-users; identify incident and problem root causes and develop solutions to eliminate them.
- Monitor and support network and network security systems to ensure proper functionality and performance and identify service-affecting events; ensure conformance to network security industry standards and best practices.
- Coordinate with IT security analysts to address/prevent network security incidents/vulnerabilities.
- Execute, maintain and continually improve the University’s network security infrastructure development strategy; plan and execute enterprise asset management lifecycle practices.
- Provide coaching, documentation, knowledge transfer and training to IT staff in terms of systems design and services; maintain ongoing communications and documentation with support teams regarding problem resolution, upcoming changes, and network security infrastructure development strategy.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on existing and new IT network and network security technologies.
- Manage and oversee systems DRP and security best practices including patch management.
- Create plans and lead enhancement initiatives for network security infrastructure architecture, network performance and network security enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with four to seven years of relevant experience of which at least five years of experience in Cisco routers, switches and security devices (VPN, FireWall, IDS-IPS).
- Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCNP.
- Advanced knowledge and comprehensive experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routing protocols; Advanced knowledge of OSI 7-Layer model, TCP/IP and associated protocols.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with IP addressing and subnet design; segmentation using VLANs (802.1q) and trunking.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of written and spoken English to provide and understand complex explanations, hypothetical questions or abstract ideas
- Knowledge of IPv6.
- Thorough knowledge of and previous experience using network management/diagnostic tools (e.g. Cisco Prime, Nagios, NetDisco, Sniffer, Fluke).
- Thorough Knowledge of the following network security services and systems: FortiNet FortiGate UTM, Cisco ASA series firewall, Web content filtering, Web application firewalls (WAF), IPS/IDS, Wireless network Security.
- Experience designing and supporting network services such as DHCP, DNS, DDNS, Radius, ActiveDirectory.
- In depth experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, Routers.
- In depth knowledge of and experience working with operating systems such as Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail; must be able to operate efficiently and effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
- Experience working within ITIL (or equivalent) framework (Incident Management Change Management, Release & Deploy Management, Problem Management).
$ 84,176.13 – $ 100,555.98 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 28, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities