Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
INTERMEDIATE DEVELOPER, STUDENT SYSTEMS (C1956)
Deadline: January 13, 2020
This posting represents a full-time one year contract position.
Reporting to the CISO and Executive Director, Application Portfolio Management, with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent provides day-to-day system development and support for the applications and systems in the application portfolio, advise and work for the implementation of the Digital Strategy’s Concordia Hub project. He/she delivers technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives
- Undertake modifications to the system to respond to clients’ changing needs.
- Provide support to end-users from different services and faculties regarding faculty applications and other student systems.
- Develop new application software to address new requirements that are mandated by the University.
- Participate in meetings with representatives from different services and faculties; organize and chair related meetings.
- Coordinate testing and approval of system changes for each project with systems analyst and other required team members.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Maintain system by monitoring and correcting software related issues.
- Work closely with other staff; consult clients concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, in Decision Science or Management Information Systems and two to four years of experience in application systems design and development, programming and analysis
- Knowledge of PeopleTools 8.53+, ADFS and SAML technologies are assets.
- Experience working with end-users, and developing and implementing solutions to meet their needs
- Expertise with C#, ASP.NET, HTML, and XML
- Experience developing and working with APIs.
- Expertise in database access methodology and database structures, Oracle and SQL.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English to give and understand complex explanations, hypothetical questions, or abstract ideas.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well under pressure and short deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
$ 70,835.00 - $ 84,599.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 13, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities