Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
WEB INFORMATION ARCHITECT (C4711)
Deadline: October 21, 2020
This position represents a thirty-month full-time contract position with the possibility of extension.
Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity in the field of Web? We’re looking for someone who can use their expertise in web information architecture to help shape the way users interact with our large institutional website. If you have experience delivering large-scale web content projects, doing user research and are passionate optimizing the user experience, we’d love to have you join our fantastic team! We provide a challenging and innovative work environment where you will have an opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients, and take on diverse and fun projects. We offer excellent benefits and we are one of Montreal’s Top Employers of 2020! Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent assures that all digital platforms that are centrally managed are fully optimized to deliver an exceptional user experience, and continually provides recommendations. He/she leads the implementation and aids in the delivery of web projects by acting as a project manager for medium to large web projects. He/she also conducts immersive user research, conceptual testing, usability testing, benchmarking and analytics.
- Evaluate existing web content and create plans to optimize and improve it based on current best practices in web communications and UX, and pre-defined communications goals.
- Project manage medium-to-large sized web projects; work with internal and external resources from inception to implementation to ensure timely delivery
- Develop information architecture documentation (site maps, navigation models, content models) for the University’s institutional website and sub-sites, intranet, portal, and mobile applications.
- Assist in designing UX & UI standards and best practices.
- Continually apply best practices, processes, and methodologies, and share knowledge with the web communications team.
- Contribute to the evolution of the complex navigation, taxonomy, metadata framework, templates and components for the university-wide content management system.
- Monitor and report on web analytics data to inform design decisions and quantitative information-architect methodologies; use qualitative and quantitative methods to inform design decisions and validate the effectiveness of changes.
- Assist in designing, updating and promoting high-quality websites that the search engines will crawl.
- Plan and execute user research techniques such as stakeholder interviews and usability testing; explain various research types to stakeholders and incorporate insights from research studies and synthesize the findings into the visual user experience.
- Evaluate usability, accessibility and standards compliance of sites and services through heuristic evaluations, web analytics report and user testing.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams throughout all stages of the user-centered design process including documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows, wireframes and mock-ups and other related design artifacts.
- Wireframe and prototype for existing and new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Psychology, Communications, Computer Science, or in another field related to the primary responsibilities with over seven years of experience as an information architect.
- Experience project managing large web content projects (500+ pages)
- Experience in building information architecture and defining user experiences for large institutions with multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) desirable.
- Experience working in higher education is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
$ 86,364.71- $ 103,170.44 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by October 21, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities