Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATION SERVICES (UCS)
UX/IA DESIGNER (C4711)
Deadline: April 8, 2020
Amended posting. This position represents a thirty-month full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the incumbent assures that all digital platforms that are centrally managed are fully optimized to deliver exceptional user experience, and continually provides recommendations. He/she assists in immersive, user research, conceptual testing, usability testing, benchmarking and analytics. He/she also aids in the delivery of web projects by acting as a project manager for medium to large web projects.
- Evaluate existing web content and create plans to optimize and improve it based on current best practices in web communications and UX, and pre-defined communications goals.
- Project manage medium-to-large sized web projects; work with internal and external resources from inception to implementation to ensure timely delivery.
- Develop information architecture documentation (site maps, navigation models, content models) for the University’s institutional website and sub-sites, intranet, portal, and mobile applications.
- Assist in designing UX & UI standards and best practices.
- Apply best practices, processes, and methodologies, and share knowledge with the web communications team.
- Execute the information architecture of complex taxonomies, metadata frameworks, and templates for the university-wide content management system.
- Monitor and report on web analytics data to inform design decisions and quantitative information-architect methodologies; use qualitative and quantitative methods to inform design decisions and validate the effectiveness of changes.
- Assist in designing, updating and promoting high-quality websites that the search engines will crawl.
- Plan and execute user research techniques such as stakeholder interviews and usability testing; explain various research types to stakeholders and incorporate insights from research studies and synthesize the findings into the visual user experience.
- Evaluate usability, accessibility and standards compliance of sites and services through heuristic evaluations, web analytics report and user testing.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams throughout all stages of the user-centered design process including documentation of user types, scenarios and tasks, as well as conceptual models and process flows, wireframes and mock-ups and other related design artifacts.
- Wireframe and prototype for existing and new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Psychology, Communications, Computer Science, or in another field related to the primary responsibilities with over seven years of experience as a user experience designer.
- Experience project managing large web content projects (500+ pages).
- Experience in building information architecture and defining user experiences for large institutions with multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) desirable.
- Experience working in higher education is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English.
- Ability to work as a team leader.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
$ 84,176.13- $ 100,555.98 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities