Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ACCOUNTANT, OPERATING AND RESTRICTED FUNDS (C4708)
Deadline: January 10, 2020
This posting represents a contract effective until December 1, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, Accounting Services, the incumbent will support the department in the preparation and review of various external financial reports, including, but not limited to, the University’s annual audited financial statements (consolidated and non-consolidated), annual donor stewardship reports, government reports, such as the Système d’information financière des universités (SIFU), as well as assisting in reporting requirements of internal University audits.
- Participate in the year-end audit process to support the annual deadlines within the General Accounting Department by contributing to the finalization of the financial reports, analysis for year-end lead sheets, analysis for internal controls, as required by the provincial and federal governments.
- Participate and help in the planning of year-end duties such as the production of the external auditor’s file and preparation of financial statements in accordance with Accounting Standards for Non-For-Profit Organizations.
- Respond to the needs of the University’s units requiring specialized reports or assistance in preparing financial reports.
- Participate in the production of quarterly duties such as the production of account reconciliations.
- Resource person for accounting queries coming from the University as well as tax related queries coming from the University; Forward complex questions to the Supervisor or Director.
- Assist the Director, Accounting Services on monthly tax filings and perform analyses, as needed, to optimize GST/QST opportunities.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis of revenues and expenses; provide other analytical reviews as required on special projects.
- Research, analyze, and recommend new procedures to improve the production of financial reports.
- Identify areas for improvements and make recommendations to the Director, Accounting Services on appropriate corrective actions and follow up on decisions.
- Participate in the establishment of guidelines and procedures in conjunction with the Director and/or Business Process Office.
- Undertake other tasks as required by the Director, Accounting Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a Bachelor of Commerce with a major in Accounting and two to four years of related experience in accounting, including experience preparing provincial and federal tax reports.
- Professional accounting designation (CPA).
- Knowledge of tax regulations regarding GST / QST rebates.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Accounting Standards for Non-For-Profit Organizations and provincial and federal government tax requirements.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (spreadsheets, databases) and financial systems.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of MS Word and Access.
- Knowledge of Concordia’s Financial Information Systems (Banner), an asset.
- Proven exceptional analytical and research skills, as well as ability to synthesize large volumes of data.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasker who can prioritize work and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work autonomously or be part of a team.
- Availability to work late during peak periods.
$76,831.00- $91,763.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 10, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities