Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
DIRECTOR, ARCHITECTURE AND INNOVATION (C1959)
Deadline: January 9, 2020
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President and CIO, the incumbent leads the creation and/or evolution of the IT enterprise architecture function/program. He/she provides University-wide recommendations relating to the evolution of the overall IT ecosystem and investment roadmap.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture function/program in alignment with the institutional priorities and the IT strategic plan including the coordination of an appropriately balanced pursuit of enterprise business, information, technical and solution architectures.
- Develop and ensure compliance with the enterprise architecture governance process.
- Establish a three to five year vision and roadmap plan; develop annual plans including group objectives.
- Contribute to the development of business cases and oversee enterprise architecture implementation and ongoing refinement activities.
- Oversee the IT system acquisition initiatives and proactively manage master agreements and contracts.
- Oversee the architecture, development and evolution of IT transversal integration services including Identity, API and Data management.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact upon the University.
- Create a relationship of trust with peers to ensure their adherence to the establishment of the target technology architecture and its governance.
- Provide leadership to IT teams and University colleagues as it relates to IT Architecture; ensure the development of the skills of its employees and support a continuous improvement process.
- Define processes, platforms and tools in collaboration with his/her colleagues to support the implementation of IT best practices including Software Development Life Cycle, DevOps, ITIL, Innovation and Agility
- Direct the development and execution of a communication (including education) plan for enterprise architecture standards
- Act as a sounding board or consultant to IT and University stakeholders in the development of IT solutions
- Represent the University on external committees.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field with over ten years of IT and business/industry work experience including architecture design and deployment, systems lifecycle management and infrastructure planning and operations.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
- Experience in implementing Enterprise Architecture methodology and best practices.
- Experience working within committees and group environments.
- Broad understanding of information technology, including hardware and software.
- Proven ability as an IT change management facilitator and ambassador.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French; strong ability to communicate technical specifications and descriptions.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and decision-making skills, coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Excellent leadership, communication skill and interpersonal skills with a strong client-service orientation.
- Strong analytical, design and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process and work organization rigor and discipline.
N/A per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 9, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities