Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
MANAGER, INFORMATION SECURITY SERVICES (P1997)
Deadline: January 8, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director of Application Portfolio Management and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), the incumbent plans, organizes, and manages staff and overall operations to ensure secure operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. He/she leads a team tasked with the monitoring and control of IT Security risks.
- Manage professional and technical staff and set priorities.
- Ensure that all work is properly scheduled, tested, documented and completed as specified using industry standard practices and procedures.
- Ensure that all systems and software related to IT security meet all applicable security, availability, reliability and performance standards; respond quickly and professionally to system failures.
- Assist and inform the university community IT security vulnerabilities and their mitigation strategies.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of systems and procedures that improve IT security.
- Establish and monitor service level targets.
- Assist or prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work, project plans, progress reports, and other documentation for IT security projects and associated efforts; negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure IT security-specific products and services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge in all aspects of IT security systems and services.
- Develop, implement, document and maintain industry standard practices and procedures in support of mandate.
- Practice IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation; manage software license agreements, maintenance contracts and other service agreements as required.
- Anticipate, plan and respond to technological change in a proactive manner.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all IT security infrastructure procurement and development efforts
- Participate in the development of IT security strategies.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by the Executive Director of Application Portfolio Management and CISO
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or management information systems or a related discipline with at least four to seven years of systems experience, including at least two in a management capacity.
- Hands-on experience supporting IT security systems desirable (e.g. SIEM systems).
- Minimum two years hands-on experience in a development or system administration capacity.
- Good knowledge of the strategic implication of various IT security systems and services.
- Broad understanding of information systems.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and written French; able to provide technical information and respond to work-related questions).
- Experience using project management tools, intermediate Excel (able to format spreadsheets and perform mathematical, financial, and statistical calculations); basic knowledge of MS Word (able to input and format documents); knowledge of written French is an asset.
- Demonstrated planning, organizational and decision-making skills, coupled with the ability to establish and respond to priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to motivate people in contextually conflicting circumstances.
- Proven team leader and team builder, with ability to foster a positive team environment.
$ 93,405.00 - $ 108,338.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities