Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS (P5890)
Deadline: December 18, 2019
Reporting to the Manager, Process Improvement and Technical coordination, the incumbent coordinates the activities around the Asset Maintenance Program including but not limited to the HVAC Maintenance Program, Electrical Maintenance Program and Plumbing Maintenance Program. He/she ensure a robust maintenance plan is in place to effectively safeguard critical assets in collaboration with other units.
- Coordinate with the mechanical trades to evaluate repair / overhaul or replacement strategies; ensure replacement recommendations meets our current standards (re: maintenance, durability) and coordinate the installation of identification plaques on critical equipment.
- Develop Maintenance Programs, coordinate and perform condition inspections of mechanical installations; collaborate with operational and project teams to deliver recommendations put forward by mechanical program studies.
- Develop Asset Maintenance Programs; coordinate and perform condition inspections of mechanical installations as outlined in the Mechanical Programs.
- Recommend strategies for applying program deliverables and prepare a maintenance plan based on recommendations outlined in program studies.
- Prepare and submit project requests based on recommendations from program studies, condition inspections, and preventive maintenance routines.
- Ensure all mechanical asset data is kept updated in both Maximo (CMMS) and Archidata (FMIS).
- Ensure preventive maintenance task lists, asset details, and frequency of maintenance are kept up to date in the CMMS; prepare reports and analysis on current condition of mechanical installations.
- Collaborate with the Deferred Maintenance Coordinator to ensure our Facilities Condition Index is updated with the repair or replacement of mechanical installations.
- Coordinate seasonal interventions and inspections on critical asset startups and shutdowns.
- Coordinate yearly inspections both internal and external stakeholders; maintain the inspection schedule for all mechanical programs in collaboration with property management and the mechanical shops.
- Undertake other tasks as required or assigned by the Manager of the unit.
- Bachelor's degree in Building Engineering or Architecture or in a related field and two to four years of relevant work experience.
- BOMA (Building, Owners and Management Association) designation or a designation in facility or property management is an asset.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of computerized CMMS system (i.e.: Maximo)
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French and basic knowledge (level 3) of written French in order to communicate with University employees.
- Proven ability to collaborate using sound principles and practices in team environment.
- Project Management skills; excellent organization and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to bring tasks to successful completion on budget and within stipulated timelines.
- Strong knowledge of preventive maintenance is required to increase the availability of equipment and facilities by reducing the number of unexpected breakdowns or service interruptions (this includes and is not limited to a variety of mechanical and electrical assets).
- Working knowledge of Maximo maintenance software; good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (able to input text) and Excel (able to format spreadsheets and do simple formulas for budgeting purposes).
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and communication skills in order to build strong teams.
- Commitment to excellence in providing quality service to internal and external customers.
- Availability, on occasion, to work extended shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary to meet event needs and in the case of emergencies.
$ 65,699.14 - $ 78,474.25 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 18, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities