Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ADMINISTRATOR, EXAM INVIGILATION AND ACADEMIC SCHEDULING (P1984)
Deadline: December 17, 2019
This position requires an on-call status that is defined on an annual basis.
Reporting to the Manager Course Registration, Examinations & Academic Scheduling, the incumbent handles all exams Invigilator related tasks for invigilators that are hired by the Exams Office. He/She oversees invigilator hiring, training, scheduling, handling complaints, grievances, and follow-ups
- Handle all aspects of invigilators who are hired to work by the Exams Office (Interviewing, scheduling, training, submitting payroll, handling grievances, following up / meeting with Invigilators and lead invigilators)
- Ensure that invigilator inquiries are responded to in a timely fashion; offer support to front desk and make higher level recommendations / decisions on invigilator inquiries, student inquiries, professor inquiries.
- Interview, train, schedule, assign work, monitor, evaluate, and motivate casual exam invigilators and supervisors.
- Maintain all documentation for invigilator procedures and documents according to rules of the collective agreement.
- Assist in the development of the final examinations schedule and administering of final exams, including overseeing staffing, training, examinations facility preparedness, and secure exam printing and delivery. Ensure the integrity of the data and processes.
- Coordinate academic scheduling; create queries, analyze data and make recommendations to improve scheduling optimization.
- Assist in handling requests for Concordia University students to write examinations at external locations and external students to write an examination at Concordia University.
- Coordinate student requests for Deferral (DEF) and Medical (MED) notations or supplemental and replacement examinations; recommend process improvements.
- Liaise with IITS, SIS planning and Support team and Facilities Management and maintain a close working relationship with all members of the academic community who are responsible for class and examinations scheduling and management of space utilization; guide the latter in changes necessary for improvement in University processes.
- Serve as backup in reporting class data in the event of an emergency.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to four years of related work experience in a high-stress environment.
- Experience working with scheduling software and scheduling best practices.
- Experience in handling and de-escalating complaints and in scheduling staff
- Knowledge of Concordia University academic rules and regulations, including the academic code of conduct is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel for data analysis, good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word for documentation creation.
- Advanced knowledge of the PeopleSoft Campus Solutions environment desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals.
- Advanced data querying, analyzing and data interpretation abilities; keen attention to details.
- Strong planning, organizing, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills in order to organize work effectively and set work priorities under tight time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a team environment.
- Ability to supervise a team and foster a positive team environment.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to bring others along towards a solution.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours during peak periods; overtime required during peak periods.
$ 70,939.46 - $ 84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by December 17, 2019. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities