Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P5879)
Deadline: June 17, 2021
Reporting to the Property Manager in Property Management, Facilities Management, the incumbent provides support services, contributes to the Procurement to Pay process, coordinates RBQ (Régie du Batiment du Québec) requirements and licenses for critical equipment and training, and organizes the filing system (print & electronic) for Property Management. They maintain the daily operations of a Building Portfolio and act as a resource to the Property Management unit.
- Maintain the daily operations of building portfolios and acts as a resource for Property Management, provide support services, contribute to the Procurement to Pay, coordinate RBQ (Régie du Batiment du Québec) requirements and licenses for critical equipment and training.
- Ensure that the departmental office runs smoothly by responding to, and directing, incoming mail, e-mail, and phone or in-person enquiries from the University community, and external organizations.
- Coordinate with the Directors, Managers and Supervisors, the Procurement to Pay process and ensure that the policies and procedures are met.
- Request and receipt quotes, create web requisitions, prepare change orders, get necessary approvals and liaise with stakeholders in a timely manner. Maintain inventory and order supplies.
- Prepare invoices ready for receiving and approvals by matching appropriate contractual documents and related work order, and process for payment as per departmental procedures.
- Coordinate with the Directors, Managers and Supervisors with the P-Card reconciliation, follow-up with vendors, and track expenses in financial systems (Millennium).
- Maintain an organized filing system of print and digital documents, including electronic filing in the FMIS (Archidata).
- Retrieve and organize data for the preparation of reports, documents and logs, and prepare documentation for distribution to committees; collect, receive, prepare and circulate On-Call schedules, and Open/Close activities calendars for periods of reduced operations.
- Co-ordinate requests for the installation of banners on buildings. Before installation, ensure that the requestor has obtained approval from Communications Department, obtained a city permit and met all of the appropriate criteria.
- Coordinate all aspects of media shoot, from time of approval to completion of shoot; including scouting, liaison with external parties and appropriate University personnel (department occupants, security, hospitality, legal, work orders etc.). Co-ordinate process and ensure final payments.
- Provide support for Property Management staff. Format and write a variety of correspondence, reports, charts, tables, minutes, signage and other documentation, prepare PowerPoint presentations, and arrange for their filing, distribution and/or presentation. Organize meetings on behalf of managers.
- Provide back-up to the other Administrative Assistants, Property Management, when needed.
- Perform and co-ordinate other miscellaneous tasks, as required by the Property Manager.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two-year pre-university DEC) and two to four years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of the Procure-to-Pay process and ability to process financial and accounting transactions.
- Knowledge of building operations is essential.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to deal with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines in an efficient manner.
*Please note this is Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and that the associate salary range is $29.66- $35.68 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 17, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.