Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
SERVICE DESK ITSM ANALYST (P1907)
Deadline: April 1, 2020
Amended repost. This posting represents a full-time leave replacement effective until December 17, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Service Desk, the incumbent oversees administration and continual service improvement of the ITSM framework and for producing internal and external IT service documentation. He/she acts as a point of contact for the IT community acting as a 2nd level technical support specialist and 3rd level ITSM expert providing assistance to other members.
- Administer and maintain the ITSM framework including the CSI, Service Catalogue, and Knowledge Base processes producing and publishing internal and external IT service alerts and documentation supporting the University’s operational and project activities.
- Act as queue manager by monitoring all ticketing queues; improve client experience and efficiency within IT by escalating, assigning, and reporting accordingly.
- Liaise with IT groups to identify root causes of IT incidents and produces solutions, or request changes, to prevent their reoccurrence; restore disrupted services in a timely manner by leading technicians to deploy workarounds or permanent solutions and provide 1st level, 2nd level and 3rd level interface support for incident management, problem management, and service requests.
- Collaborate with IT groups, service owners, and process owners administering Concordia’s ITSM framework throughout the service lifecycle; ensure the quality control of the deliverables and the quality assurance of the processes and methodologies.
- Create, maintain and publish IT service documentation and procedures following the established processes and policies; ensure that the Incident and Request Management processes are performing optimally by performing regular audits and managing ticketing queues.
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate improvements to the ITSM framework and IT services offered to the Concordia community.
- Provide training, coaching, guidance, and awareness sessions to users and IT staff at all levels. Maintain a high level of knowledge concerning the system and technologies used within the organization.
- Act as an escalation point and resource for Service Desk staff, advises and implements configurations, adheres to best practices and handles escalations.
- Use advanced technical tools for remote access, monitoring, and/or troubleshooting; participate as part of project teams and executes project tasks as required.
- Backup Service Desk operational responsibilities and undertakes other tasks as required by the Manager, Service Desk.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field and two to four years of relevant experience.
- IT service management certifications (eg. ITIL, ISO 20000); IT certifications (eg. MCITP, MCTS, ACSA, Security+) desirable.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working within an ITSM environment and ITIL processes.
- Minimum of one year experience writing and reviewing technical documentation and web content in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to administer and work with ITIL and ITSM processes.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows, Mac, and mobile platforms.
- Understanding of standard client/server, networking, and database fundamentals.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to ask questions to gather information and be able to respond with sensitivity; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to respond to work-related questions.
- Demonstrated self-learner with strong aptitude for analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Highly developed customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills with the proven ability to liaise between multiple technical and non-technical groups.
$ 60,338.07 - $ 72,067.29 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 1, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities