Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR (P5878)
Deadline: March 9, 2020
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Property Management, Facilities Management, the incumbent assists and supports the daily activities within the Property Management unit of Facilities Management. He/she will be responsible for the Director’s agenda, the coordination of meetings, creating and managing documentation, information management, including storage and archiving.
- Manage the Sr. Director’s agenda and work schedule; organize meetings, conference calls, webinars, conferences, minutes, logistics and bookings; arrange proactively pertinent information, documents, media and equipment required
- Manage emails and communications; prioritize, coordinate and delegate requests to direct reports and departmental contributors.
- Track, file and log administrative documents requiring multiple levels of approvals; maintain and develop guides and tools to ensure Direction’s employees learn and follow established Department and University controls, policies and guidelines.
- Collect and reconcile information in order to prepare and manage responses and follow ups.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Administrative staff of the Associate Vice President, Senior Directors and Directors and Managers of Facilities Management; provide back up during vacations and other absences.
- Maintain and update employment files of Managers and departmental employees reporting to the Sr. Director; create and maintain tracking tools for vacations, personal time, banked time and absences.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to the Sr. Director; manage electronic and paper files by analyzing and classifying documents and emails for appropriate filing and archiving.
- Produce, review and update reports and presentations for the entire Direction; prepare documentation for distribution to committees and gather the information required to generate dashboards, reports and presentations.
- Support projects/programs managed by the Sr. Director requiring research, writing, proofreading (translation when required), and follow-up; as needed, create web reqs, prepare contracts and other purchasing related documents.
- Compose on behalf of the Sr. Director; disseminate executive letters, reports, detailed procedural instructions and other documents.
- Undertake other tasks related to the efficient functioning of the Departmental unit as required or assigned by the Managers or the Sr. Director.
- Diploma of Collegial studies (three year technical DEC) in a relevant field and four to seven years of related experience.
- Experience with institutional/educational institutions desirable.
- Experience in Property Management, Operations Management, Leasing, Project Management and Administrative Management fields.
- Knowledge of Banner and Millenium an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel.
- Good understanding of computing and automation technologies and administrative and information systems.
- Excellent organizational skills; detail oriented, efficient, possess superior interpersonal, problem-solving and administrative skills.
- Works well under pressure, can meet short deadlines and is proactive.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to interpret situations and resolve conflicts with professionalism and discretion.
$28.87 to $34.72 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 9, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities