Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (JMSB)
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, DIPLOMA IN ACCCOUNTANCY (P1912)
Deadline: April 27, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Graduate Diploma in Chartered Professional Accountancy Program, the incumbent performs front line duties for the CPA Program and provides administrative, secretarial and logistical support. They provide general information and provides the appropriate referral for students, faculty members, members of the administration and the general public.
- Receive queries in person, by phone and by e-mail, and provide the information required, or triage to refer the person to the appropriate member of the CPA program. Actively follow up with and answer enquiries on matters related to CPA program.
- Coordinate the day to day administrative operation of the front desk. Maintain and monitor the departmental e-mail address.
- Act as liaison and resource contact for students, professors, and external third parties (e.g. CPA Order, exam software providers, etc.) addressing questions/inquiries. Assist the Manager when addressing CPA exam software issues with student, JMSB staff, and CPA Order and exam software provider, as required.
- Assist with the examination process for all courses in the CPA Program. Monitor the Software Dashboard during exams and ensure all exams are properly completed and submitted. Dispatch exam responses to appropriate parties when received.
- Inform students on exam re-evaluation procedures, final examinations deferrals, change of grade.
- Invigilate students during exam re-evaluation process and provide assistance to the Manager.
- Assist Program Advisor in processing student withdrawals, grade update for IP grades received by students on SIS etc.
- Assist Program Advisor in reviewing and maintaining student files as well as potential graduate files and take the necessary procedures to correct any discrepancies, e.g. missing prerequisites, transfer credits, etc.
- Provide logistical and administrative support for CPA Program (e.g. PEP program and Capstone I & II summer school); assist the Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations (room setup, material, IT equipment, seminar attendance sign-in sheets, grades and feedback collection and processing); collect, prepare and distribute material (cases, solutions, etc.).and with the processing of Capstone I & II summer school payments.
- Assist in preparing contracts for course markers in accordance with the policies set out by the program. Process their payments. Maintain accurate records of marker payments by course, by semester.
- Assist with the hiring and coordination of invigilators for the CPA program including the PEP program midterm and final exams and the Capstone I & II summer school. Process their payments.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of exams as per University and Program deadlines. If needed, print, photocopy and prepare exams and related materials for professors and students.
- Order textbooks and desk copies. Liaise with publishing representatives and bookstore representative.
- Maintain a catalogue and update files forall course outlines, final exams and solutions used for each course section, for each academic semester.
- Assist with the processing of financial transactions including revenue collection, invoices, expense reports, Web requisitions, purchase orders etc.
- Assist in the development, implementation, training and use of new software tools (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint Collaborative platform, Surpass BTL software, others)
- Support marketing, recruitment and retention activities. Under the supervision of Manager, provide administrative support and attend special events (e.g. Open House, information sessions, student orientations and kick-off sessions, etc.)
- Attend and provide administrative support, as required (e,g, take minutes for CPA Program Committee and sub-committees meetings)
- Perform other duties in support of the unit as required by the Manager and Director.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (2 year pre-university DEC) in a related field and two to four years of related work experience, preferably in an administrative office within an educational environment.
- Previous experience with Assessment Platforms e.g. Moodle, Surpass BTL Software)
- Demonstrated success and proficiency in providing frontline services to demanding stakeholders.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English; able to explain policies, procedures, and programs relating to an area of work; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, able to respond to work-related questions and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (able to incorporate graphics into reports), Excel (able to create and modify spreadsheets, merge/consolidate data, perform simple statistical calculations), basic knowledge of Access (able to design, create and modify databases, tables, queries and reports), and PowerPoint (able to create basic templates for presentation).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated customer service orientation in order to work effectively with students, faculty and other stakeholders.
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to set, assess, and re-assess priorities; analyze and solve problems; multitask.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, and work well under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours during peak periods, primarily during summer school (between May and mid-August), and occasional overtime during special events.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE115-14A and the associate salary range is $28.91 to $34.78 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 27, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.