Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
COORDINATOR, SCIENCE COLLEGE (P1981)
Deadline: April 6, 2021
this posting represents a full-time contract for the duration of one (1) year.
Reporting to the Principal of the Science College, the incumbent establishes priorities and administers daily operations for the Science College; including functional supervision of interns, student advising, and recruitment activities. They provide administrative and logistical support, liaise with student groups, event conception, as well as management and oversight for the College committees.
- Serve as the main channel of communication for the Science College; interact with students, researchers, policy-makers and targeted community members and organizations.
- Assist the Principal with the development of short- and long-term strategies and promotional projects to achieve the Science College’s objectives.
- Manage and administer budget accounts for the Science College and its research fellows.
- Advise undergraduate students concerning course selection for program requirements; recruit potential undergraduate students.
- Seek internship opportunities and placement of Science College students; screen students and devise strategies to expand the internship program.
- Collaborate with the FAS Communication Advisor to develop the Science College visibility within the University system.
- Functionally supervise student volunteers and/or interns from the Science College.
- Maintain employer database and database tracking placement of students; organize class offerings and student enrollment.
- Ensure proper administration of university policies and procedures: administer the dossiers for part-time hiring contracts, prepare schedules, assist with workloads and timetables as well as assisting students with course enrollments.
- Provide outreach and logistical support to the Principal in creating partnerships with universities and research institutes outside of Canada.
- Design and administer the website for the Science College.
- Development and editing of printed and online research promotional materials for the Science College.
- Identify and compile internal and external research grant applications for the Science College and/or its research fellows.
- Conceive, organize and supervise events related to the Science College (student conferences, invited speaker series, international conferences, workshops, webinars, social media events)
- Provide outreach via social media channels such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
- Networking with non-governmental organizations and scholars inside and outside of Concordia.
- Organize, attend, and, where necessary, report on the Science College meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in field related to science and two to four years of relevant experience in a university environment; previous experience in a research environment (research institute, NSERC, etc.) is desirable.
- Strong understanding of academic life and practice desirable.
- Knowledge of the SIS. FRIS and Millenium is an asset.
- Knowledge of University policies and academic policies and procedures desirable (preferably in the Faculty of Arts and Science).
- Experience in counselling or student advising.
- Strong and proven understanding of student life, and a strong record of liaising with student groups.
- Established record of a favorable rapport with students or other groups needing assistance; excellent record of positive professional interpersonal relationships.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Excel, Word and PowerPoint; experience using web content management systems.
- Strong proven experience creating social media marketing strategies.
- Proven decision-making, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and potentially stressful environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to set, assess, and reassess priorities, analyze and solve problems and multitask.
- Attention to detail, and the ability to work autonomously.
$61,906.86 - $73,941.04 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 6, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities