Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SHIFT AND THE OFFICE OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (C1938)
Deadline: July 12, 2021
This is a one (1) year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact, incumbent provides administrative, logistical and secretarial support for the Office of Community Engagement (OCE) and the SHIFT Centre for Social Transformation teams. They ensure the smooth and efficient running of the units’ daily operations, programs, and events and are the first line of contact for clients seeking support or information.
- Coordinate the day-to-day administrative operations of the OCE and SHIFT and act as a liaison with relevant University services such as Hospitality, IITS, D-Print and Distribution Services.
- Screen and respond to telephone, email and in-person inquiries; open and distribute mail; direct requests for information to the appropriate staff member or unit and follow up as appropriate.
- Manage the calendars and contacts for the Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact.
- Provide administrative support for the programs, special projects and events of the OCE and SHIFT.
- Provide logistical support for unit events and programs including coordinating room bookings and catering; organize hospitality bookings for community partners.
- Track departmental expenditures, prepare expense reports, process invoices, purchase requisitions and other related financial documentation.
- Conduct preliminary steps of intake process of requests for collaboration or support for review and decision by the Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact, the OCE and SHIFT.
- Schedule and organize internal and external meetings; book rooms; prepare agenda and meeting documents, produce accurate minutes, conduct background research for briefing notes, and conduct and/or coordinate follow-up.
- Collect and prepare relevant information required for projects.
- Enter and maintain data in client relationship management platform; maintain, make website updates.
- Prepare correspondence and respond to general inquiries on behalf of the Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact, the OCE and SHIFT; transcribe meeting notes.
- Maintain the units’ filing system in an organized, accurate and timely manner; ensure that documents are analyzed for content, classified accordingly, and appropriately archived.
- Make flight, hotel and car rental reservations on behalf of the Senior Director, Community Engagement and Social Impact; process various travel forms.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (three-year technical DEC) in the field related to the major responsibilities, and two to four years of relevant work experience including previous experience as an executive assistant.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) spoken English and French to provide adequate information in a variety of situations, in order to brief and advise the Senior Director on action to be taken, and to ensure effective communication; good knowledge (level 4) written English and French to prepare correspondence review and edit documents.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (to create reports, redline documents, and do merges), of Excel (to create and modify spreadsheets, and use simple formulas), and of PowerPoint (to modify templates and incorporate graphics into presentations) and of Outlook (operating in an MS Exchange Server environment).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and to meet strict deadlines.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse populations.
- Experience administering and tracking budgets.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a collegial and collaborative environment.
$55,447– $66,712 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 12, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.