Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CAMPUS WELLNESS AND SUPPORT SERVICES
COUNSELLOR, COUNSELLING AND PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES (C1864)
Deadline: January 7, 2020
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until April 30, 2021 (possibility of extension).
Reporting to the Director, Counselling & Psychological Services the incumbent will act as a primary resource person to students to assess client issues and determine treatment plans. He/she is responsible for helping students succeed educationally and personally, by intake assessment appointments, facilitating group workshops, one-to-one treatment appointments and through outreach programming.
- Provide individual/group counselling as defined by department policies and in accordance with provisions of the licensing bodies.
- Select, administer and interpret psychometric tests.
- Maintain client records in accordance with professional corporation guidelines.
- Deliver educational, psychological and life skills-training workshops.
- Consult with internal and external bodies and refer clients when necessary.
- Assist in the compilation of student retention and other counselling outcome research data.
- Perform other duties in support of the operation of the unit.
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related fields, and two to four years of related work experience.
- Licenced Member of the Ordre des psychologues du Québec (OPQ)
- Knowledge of research models, collection models, and focus group strategies is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of English spoken and written; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French in order to provide individual and group counselling to students and consult with internal and external clients, and to maintain client records and develop workshops and programs.
- Knowledge of additional languages is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills with the ability to deal sensitively with individuals as well as to give workshops.
- Approachability (is sensitive and patient with others) and composure (is a calming influence in a difficult situation) is an asset.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside of normal operating hours.
$84,040.00 - $100,379.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 7, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities