Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ASSISTANT BUYER (C4693)
Deadline: July 16, 2021
This posting represents a 15 month maternity leave replacement contract.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Strategic Procurement, the incumbent is a resource person who supports the Buyers in determining, in concert with University Users, the material requirements and devises procurement strategies to best meet such requirements.
- Undertake general procurement support operations such as: assisting users in defining their needs, obtaining purchasing approvals, soliciting bids from suppliers and detail negotiations with approved suppliers.
- Assist with the review of tender documents for the procurement of goods and services; assist with the bids analysis (quote requests and tenders) and assist with vendor selection analysis.
- Create purchase orders in accordance with University policies and procedures.
- Maintain auditing documentation; assist in expediting orders, co-ordinate deliveries with Distribution services, address issues with suppliers concerning late deliveries, damaged goods and invoice credit and review and resolve non-conformance issues with suppliers.
- Assist in contract management in regards to the administrative aspects.
- Ensure proper maintenance and organization of purchasing records and assist with reporting and tracking.
- Perform other tasks in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in Business Administration or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience in a procurement capacity.
- Experience working with LCOP (Loi sur les Contrats des Organismes Publics) regulations.
- Experience working with the main Procurement systems (Banner and WebReq).
- Knowledge of the principles of purchasing and negotiating.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate with clients and suppliers, write correspondence and reports, and prepare tenders and contracts. Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French in order to communicate with vendors and suppliers. Basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French to write routine correspondence.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to perform under pressure.
- Sound negotiation skills and broad business acumen.
$30.39 – $36.55 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 16, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.