Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
ACADEMIC COORDINATOR (C4690)
Deadline: January 31, 2021
This posting represents a temporary full-time contract position until September 3, 2021
Reporting to the Director, Programs, the incumbent provides expert instructional and pedagogical support for current and future educational offerings at (CCE). He/she coordinates and participates in the recruitment and assessment of CCE teaching cadre.
- Support the Director, Programs and the team on academic and pedagogical matters with respect to current and future educational offerings at CCE.
- Lead pedagogical and classroom administrative training of new instructors and ensure probationary assessment is aligned to the CCE standards and vision of teaching and learning.
- Research, design and conduct training for new instructors in all departments; provide direction and guidance to new teachers in the planning, development and implementation of effective teaching of their courses in CCE programs.
- Lead and coordinate the performance evaluation process prescribed by the Collective Agreement of new CCE instructors in the probationary cycle, conduct classroom observation of instructors and assess performance; provide feedback of probationary instructor performance and ensure assessment is aligned to the CCE standards of teaching.
- Provide continual instructional support to CCE instructors in evolving teaching and learning needs through the preparation of resources, activities, workshops on active learning, blended and online learning and instructional strategies, assessment and classroom management.
- Recommend collective professional development activities for the teaching cadre.
- Research, coordinate and lead in the recruitment, interview process, assessment and orientation of new CCE instructors; participate in Personnel Committee meetings, recommend new CCE instructors and workload assignments to the Director, Programs.
- Liaise and coordinate with subject matter experts regarding effective teaching and learning and on academic issues as they arise.
- Represent the Centre on CCE and University committees and other external relevant working groups.
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology and/or Education and four to seven years of academic and administrative experience.
- Experience working on video platforms.
- Previous leadership experience in an educational environment.
- Previous experience in designing and delivering training in educational and corporate environments.
- Experience working with adult learners and in a post-secondary environment.
- Demonstrated competence in educational technologies including the course management system (Moodle), on-line, blended and online teaching.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English; good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written French in order to write reports, to give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and deal with people in situations that require accurate use of both languages.
- Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
- Excellent communication, decision-making, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- High standard of work performance, seeking advice and expertise of others desirable.
- Ability to lead a team and foster a positive teamwork environment.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year.
$72,783.89 – $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 31, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities