Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (UA)
ASSISTANT PROSPECT RESEARCHER, FACULTY OF ARTS & SCIENCE (P1973)
Deadline: February 19, 2021
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until March 14, 2022.
Reporting to the Principal Director of Development in the Faculty of Arts and Science, the incumbent is responsible for providing support to the Development team and conducting research in the Faculty, including the initial identification and evaluation of prospects to be used by the Principal Director of Development, Faculty Development Officers and campaign volunteers.
- Provide support to the Principal Director of Development and the Development team within the Faculty.
- Participate in the development of fundraising communications materials for the faculty team and craft/ proof-read documents and publications.
- Participate in the development of strategies with the assigned fundraiser to help determine projects appropriately linked to fundraising approaches and funding levels.
- Prepare customized research reports based on in-depth biographical and financial research on past and potential major gift prospects.
- Identify, research, do initial rating and participate in recommending current and potential major gift prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations); make recommendations upon findings.
- Coordinate queries for AIS reports and retrieval info from the database (population selection) for projects.
- Compile and synthesize information from many different sources on prospective/past donors to produce quality inventory of facts and updates on graduates.
- Adhere to RAMP guidelines and effectively use the established Dashboard on behalf of the Development team, regularly enter “moves”, contact reports and follow-up actions into the advancement database for the benefit of all users and the institutional memory; Extract information including biographical profiles, prospect pipeline and other related reports.
- Process expense reports, invoices, cheque requisitions, travel and promotional arrangements.
- Participate in the planning, organization and follow-up of meetings, relevant committees, activities, events and programs initiated by the Faculties.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and one to two years’ work experience conducting in-depth corporate and sector research analysis.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of Spoken and written English and French in order to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel, PowerPoint (to create and work with documents, spreadsheets and presentations); basic knowledge of Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of on-line retrieval services and internet search tools; ability to manipulate and retrieve data in a database structure.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize information in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with standard references and development research techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate and apply creative solutions.
- Integrity and professionalism; ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated attention to accuracy and excellent judgment.
$57,333.96 - $68,475.98 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 19, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities