Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P5749)
Deadline: February 19, 2021
Reporting directly to the Assistant Director, Education and Community Programs, the incumbent provides optimal client experience for clients and participants of the PERFORM Centre. He/she provides front line customer service and supports the daily operations of the Athletic Therapy (AT), Cardio Pulmonary (CP), Nutrition and Imaging Suites.
- Provide front line reception for the AT Clinic, Nutrition, CP and Imaging Suites and respond to telephone and in-person inquiries.
- Book initial and follow-up appointments for the various education, community and research projects; confirm upcoming appointments; receive and process payments and issue insurance receipts.
- Manage internship students’ schedule and observation hours schedule in the AT clinic and oversee student access to the student labs.
- Ensure that all appointment files including consent forms and waivers and/or consult referral information are complete and accurate prior to the client’s visit.
- Manage the clinical data and appointment management system. Compile daily accounting transactions.
- Schedule, file and confirm appointments, discharge clients, update client and participant demographic information in the central database system.
- Provide general office support to the AT Clinic and the CP and Imaging Suites.
- Assist the administration team with coordinating projects such as Le Centre conditioning floor and research projects.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies (ACS) in a relevant field and two to four years of related work experience in a medical/clinical setting.
- Experience in healthcare environment or medical clinics and knowledge of medical terminology is an asset.
- Knowledge of clinical data and appointment management systems such as Clinic master is desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French in order to communicate effectively with clients and health care professionals; basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and the proven ability to establish priorities; good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects concurrently with accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure efficiently and meet strict deadlines; meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of resourcefulness and initiative with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated client service orientation.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.93 to $30.78 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 19, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities