Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
ANALYST, GRADUATE ENROLMENT (P5860)
Deadline: August 6, 2020
Reporting to the Administrative Director, and working closely with the Dean of Graduate Studies, the incumbent performs a range of tasks in support of the units within the School of Graduate Studies. He/she collects and analyzes enrolment data to design and draft reports in support of strategic graduate enrolment management at the University. The incumbent is responsible for compiling data and conducting regular analyses of graduate enrolments, and producing reports related to program application and admission rates, registration and graduation rates, times to completion studies, and student funding. The incumbent delivers enrolment analysis reports for graduate programs. The incumbent is also responsible for functional liaison and follow-up with a number of University areas and certain stakeholder departments in all matters related to graduate enrolment.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize briefing notes and reports in support of enrolment analysis; provide data to Faculties and graduate programs in support of the achievement of the University’s strategic enrolment objectives.
- Conceptualize, identify, map, design and recommend process transformations that maximize the effectiveness of the School’s enrolment and funding initiatives.
- Work within a team environment to develop, coordinate and communicate strategic enrolment planning, management and analytic models across the institution.
- Design specifications for reports and prepare proposals that move forward the attainment of enrolment objectives; develop institutional level modeling scenarios and advise the Director and Dean on same.
- Closely liaise with the Institutional Planning Office, the SIS Sustainment Team, graduate program directors and the student affairs representatives in the Faculties, to establish quality control mechanisms to ensure that information processing is as efficient and accurate as possible and that reporting is accurate.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Statistics or in a field related to primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and predictive analytical tools and techniques.
- A passion for data, advanced analytics, and evidence-based decision-making is essential.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail is required for data integrity.
- Excellent data visualization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables) and basic knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and of Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft SIS highly desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students and to draft correspondence, documentation, and reports.
- Excellent planning, analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of university's mission, goals and culture.
- Knowledge of academic and non-academic policies, regulations and decision-making processes.
- Proactive work style; will take initiative to make personal connections with key personnel internally and externally.
- A keen ability to transform technical information into simpler terms.
- Comfortable dealing with varying levels of the university/organization and interact professionally and constructively with a diverse group of data users from various functional levels.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment, and with other University departments.
- Superior organizational skills in order to effectively organize work and set work priorities.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 6, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities