Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR, UNIVERSITY ADVANCEMENT (P4973)
Deadline: August 4, 2020
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until October 29, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Publications and Projects, with a dotted line to the Director of Communications, Advancement, the incumbent is responsible for promoting University Advancement (UA) and Concordia initiatives. He/she is responsible for the strategic use and production of print and digital media to promote the institution and engage key stakeholders.
- Work with staff in other University Advancement units, colleagues from University Communications Services and faculty development offices and alumni volunteers to develop social media and editorial content (online and print) and manage projects related to electronic media.
- Write, edit and produce content for UA publications: monthly Accent e-newsletters as well as Concordia University Magazine and external newsletters.
- Produce stewardship materials such as letters, commemorative booklets or special reports to further engage major donors; work closely with the director, fundraising team and sector VP to meet goals; draft related correspondence such as speeches for university leaders.
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts to design and develop web-based services, online community, promotional videos and presentations.
- Act as communications lead for Annual Giving platforms such as Fund One, Community Campaign and Shuffle; lead in the creation of online promotional content, editorial content, marketing emails and social media traffic.
- Develop and monitor key web performance indicators (e.g., web site usage goals, operational objectives and strategic approach), analyze site traffic data, provide usage reports and advise management on content strategies for increasing site traffic and repeat visitors.
- Develop and update all electronic content through consultation with stakeholders across the university.
- Produce monthly alumni e-newsletter. Advise on scheduling and segmentation of marketing emails to key stakeholders.
- Oversee ongoing development and promotion of alumni affinity programs.
- Post daily news about the university and specifically news from University Advancement.
- Manage search engine listings and other promotional opportunities that raise awareness of alumni and donor relations activities and generate leads.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing or a related field; and two to four years of experience using web and electronic media.
- Minimum two years working in the alumni relations/advancement field, as well as demonstrated knowledge of fundraising and donor relations.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English to write and edit content; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to communicate with the university community and external service providers.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (to do mail merges), Excel (to create graphics using data in spreadsheets and incorporate graphics into other programs), and PowerPoint (to create templates) in a Windows environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Web 2.0 standards and electronic media laws.
- Demonstrated ability to work in both Mac and PC environments.
- Knowledge of Dreamweaver, Photoshop.
- Full understanding of social media platforms.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to work independently as well as in a team and to interact effectively with alumni and other volunteers.
- Excellent problem-solving, priority setting and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skills in interviewing, writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Demonstrated organizational and project-management skills, with track record for meeting tight deadlines, providing proactive responses, and performing well under pressure.
- Availability to work outside normal working hours when required.
$ 72,783.89 - $ 86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by August 4, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities