Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
INTERMEDIATE DEVELOPER (C1888)
Deadline: January 29, 2021
This posting represents a full-time contract position effective until December 31, 2021
Reporting to the Manager Application Development, Administrative Systems, the incumbent is a resource person for customers in various administrative units, providing technical expertise and recommendations in the support & enhancement of existing software systems as well as assessment of new IT software projects.
- Undertake modifications to a software system in response to clients’ changing needs.
- Provide support to end-users of all administrative systems.
- Coordinate testing and approval of system changes with a systems analyst and other required team members.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software related issues.
- Develop new application software to address new requirements that are mandated by the University.
- Work closely with other staff; consult clients concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Participate actively in meetings with representatives from different departments; organize and chair related meetings.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Bachelor of Commerce in Decision Science and Management Information Systems and two to four years of experience in application systems design and development, programming and analysis.
- Experience working with clients, developing and implementing solutions to meet their needs.
- Expertise with Java, C# and web development languages such as ASP, JSP, HTML and XML.
- Expertise in database access methodology and database structures (namely Structured Query Language).
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle and SQL Server. Experience with MySQL an asset
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English to provide and understand complex explanations, hypothetical questions or abstract ideas.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized multitasker who works well under pressure and short deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
$72,677.00 – $86,799.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 29, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities