Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
ACADEMIC COORDINATOR (C5534)
Deadline: June 8, 2020
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until August 8, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, Programs, the incumbent coordinates academic support services for programs and courses at Continuing Education.
- Participate in the hiring and assignment of instructor workloads.
- Track course capacity and student enrollment.
- Coordinate, maintain and standardize the inventory of academic materials, software and technological tools related to CCE educational offerings and recommend pedagogical and technology acquisitions.
- Implement and manage online placement testing system, coordinate placement of students to CCE language programs.
- Respond to student inquiries regarding administrative/academic matters. Support Director, Programs addressing escalated student concerns.
- Recommend sessional schedule of departmental activities; prepare and schedule departmental meetings. Coordinate curricular and extra-curricular program activities, orientations and events for CCE programs including study abroad groups and special programs.
- Plans, schedules and implements new and existing course and program offerings.
- Bachelor's degree in an area related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related experience.
- Previous academic and administrative leadership experience in an educational environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Demonstrated competence in utilizing educational technologies including the course management system (Moodle), on-line and blended-teaching.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to write reports, to give and interpret detailed information, explanations, and instructions and deal with people in situations that require accurate use of both languages.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working with adult learners and in a post-secondary environment.
- Strong networking skills and affiliation with professional associations.
- Excellent communication, decision-making, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues in a team environment.
- Ability to perform tasks within time-sensitive schedule.
- Ability to lead a team and foster a positive teamwork environment.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year.
$72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities