Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
TECHNICAL COORDINATOR – PROPERTY MANAGEMENT (P5746)
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Efficiency Programs, External Contracts and Sustainability, the incumbent coordinates the technical requirements for the Facilities Management building control systems. They plan, develop and implement technical procedures related to HVAC control systems and audit, monitor, and control building automation systems to ensure equipment is running at peak efficiency. The incumbent ensures delivery of service from third party contracted service providers and administers mobile programs to provide and enhance reliable communication in the field. They recommend improvements and implement enhancements to the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate technical activities in the area of Property Management and Operations (e.g.: monitor work requests; analyze job requirements; and determine the proper course of action, tools required, and labor needed).
- Consult technical schematics to resolve issues and write technical documentation in order to effectively communicate procedures.
- Ensure system uptime and availability both onsite and remotely and ensure that systems are available when needed. Provide support to ensure that there will be no delays in the execution of the work of the control room operators (end users) and that the HVAC systems are providing a comfortable temperature to the building occupants.
- Coordinate personnel to promote customer service and design and administer training programs.
- Create a daily maintenance schedule to test performance, remote connectivity and availability of control systems (monitor and control), modify the systems given the results of scheduled tests and maintain a complete and current log of outages and tests. Monitor building control system requests that are made through a ticketing system, examine the request, plan the job, and review requirements and perform the tasks.
- Set up standardized procedures for installation of control systems in new buildings, scalability procedures for extending control in existing buildings and coordinate with the vendor to ensure proper execution of work.
- In collaboration with the standards committee ensure that uniform and consistent specifications are documented for all building control systems and assist the Procurement Team to develop specifications for the purchase of new control systems and maintenance contracts.
- Assist in educating operations personnel on building control systems. Prepare and participate in training employees on building control technologies, remote access, and mobile connectivity.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3-year technical DEC) in Building Technologies or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four years of related work experience.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of computerized maintenance management system(i.e.: Maximo) and building technologies; Siemens, Regulvar, AirCuity, Talos and CIMCO.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English and French and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English and French in order to communicate with the University employees.
- Proven ability to collaborate using sound principles and practices in a team environment.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, with a demonstrated ability to bring tasks to successful completion on budget and within stipulated timelines.
- Strong knowledge of data networks and computer systems is required to troubleshoot and find solutions to control system issues.
- Strong knowledge of mobile technologies, ability to manage large fleets of mobile devices, familiar with mobile programming and deployment technologies.
- Basic knowledge of Word (to input text) and good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel (to format spreadsheets and do simple formulas for budgeting purposes).
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and communication skills in order to build strong teams.
- Commitment to excellence in providing quality service to internal and external customers.
- Availability, on occasion to work extended shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary to meet event needs and in the case of emergencies.
- Building, Owners and Management Association (BOMA) designation or a designation in facility or property management is an asset.
- Project Management skills are an asset.
$27.53 - $41.39 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 31, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.