Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
UNIVERSITY COMMUNICATIONS SERVICES (UCS)
COORDINATOR, STRATEGIC CONTENT (P5720)
Deadline: May 19, 2020
Reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, Manager of Strategic Content Team, the incumbent is responsible for organizing, optimizing, overseeing and maintaining the production and dissemination flow of strategic content and related projects across multiple platforms.
- Develop and maintain an effective and up-to-date weekly production calendar for the publishing of news and other web content, including banners, notices and event listings.
- Develop and maintain an effective and up-to-date weekly line-ups for the NOW and other e-newsletters for faculty and staff, students, and other audiences.
- Oversee and manage the production and dissemination of content as it pertains to the annual reputation campaigns and work with other UCS coordinators to manage the production of promotional video and audio as well as webinars and other strategic initiatives.
- Support the Strategic Content and Digital Marketing Team in producing high quality strategic content by liaising with members of the UCS creative team, freelance writers, interns and Concordia staff to ensure that materials — such as stories, events, photos, multi-media content, etc. — are delivered on deadline for publication/posting.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to gather, coordinate and disseminate content on the Concordia app (including app content, banners and push notifications), the Concordia YouTube channel as well as other relevant communications platforms including the digital screens across the university in a timely manner. This requires working with external contractors in posting material on the digital screens and developing a weekly schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Communications, English or a related field and two to four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a university communications area or similar ad, PR or web agency.
- Experience in print and online news and other media production.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English ; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with project management methods and software.
- Demonstrated understanding of web content and web CMS tools.
- Knowledge of the web and web-based news and information dissemination.
- Knowledge of content production processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of multi-media production norms and best practices; knowledge of digital marketing and advertising processes.
- Must be a team player and function well in a fast-faced and client-focused environment; ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter who takes ownership of projects and tasks with the ability to work quickly and efficiently with an excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
- Diplomatic, tactful, creative and dynamic. Able to analyze a problem and take initiative.
- Good time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours when required.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE332-18A and that the associated salary range is $ 64,256.11 – $ 76,749.70 per annum.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 19, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities