Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
MBA AND GRADUATE PROGRAMS IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (P1921)
Deadline: February 27, 2020
This posting represents a temporary full-time leave replacement effective until January 29, 2021.
Reporting to the Assistant Director, MBA and Graduate Programs in Business Administration, the incumbent provides administrative and logistical support for the various programs offered by the department. He/she provides graduate program information and clarification of procedures and policies to graduate students, potential students, faculty, staff and others, regarding academic and administrative matters for the Programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the programs; coordinate course and exams scheduling and room bookings for the Programs; assist the Assistant Director in ensuring that the office is run effectively and efficiently.
- Assist the Assistant Director with recruitment, admission and scholarship/awards; support the organization of orientation sessions for new students.
- Responsible for student academic procedural advising; verify that student files are satisfactory and that students have completed all requirements for graduation; assist in the administration of the programs, registration, student requests, etc.; flag any issues to the Assistant Director.
- Ensure that information on program databases, website and Moodle are accurate and up-to-date; monitor JMSB & Concordia websites.
- Provide information and procedural advising to students in relation to Co-op, ISO, CSI, and CSBCB; act as liaison between the MBA and Co-op, ISO, CSI, CSBCB, etc.
- Prepare, evaluate and make recommendations to the Assistant Director on exceptional non-routine student requests, ensuring that proper procedures and policies are followed.
- Monitor students from admission to graduation; compile and assess students’ profiles for academic standing, prepare status reports on all students for academic monitoring and statistical purposes.
- Assist in organizing program committee meetings and attend and take minutes; liaise with program committee members and personnel.
- Inform students about International exchange, independent, and visiting procedures and compile dossiers.
- Process student service requests such as deferrals, withdrawals, change of status, and time limit extensions ensuring that proper procedures and policies are followed.
- Provide support to the Assistant Director for exam scheduling and room bookings for faculty regarding alternate exams.
- Prepare notices of hire and time sheets for invigilators.
- Provide administrative support for the promotional activities of the Programs.
- Prepare and process expenses reports and purchase orders; coordinate program purchases and order office supplies.
- Participate and assist in organizing and coordinating of Program’s events.
- Replace the receptionist when needed.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) with four to seven years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and to multitask.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of written and spoken English and French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (mail merge, document creation and formatting), basic knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint, and knowledge of e-mail functions web-based marketing information systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiarity and knowledge of university regulations, graduate schools or business programs.
$ 28.87- $ 34.72 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 27, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities