Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (P1919)
Deadline: September 11, 2020
This posting represents a maternity-leave replacement effective until August 23, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Database Administration Group and Quality Assurance, the incumbent specializes in the security, integrity, and efficiency of University administrative databases. He/she also implements and creates new databases as business needs arise.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies, procedures, programs, and initiatives which define, facilitate and ensure the efficiency and security of database assets.
- Develop and manage centralized data dictionaries.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise design and/or structural changes to administrative databases.
- Act as a Consultant for the implementation of new or enhanced products that impact data management routines.
- Provide expertise in developing and maintaining programming standards for database access methods.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Database systems Oracle 11g/12c/18c and MS SQL server 2014/2017/2019, MS SQL Cluster, Oracle RAC Technology, MySQL and PostgreSQL, SQL and PL/SQL, Unix Scripting; knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Banner and/or PeopleSoft and/or SAP HANA 4 an asset.
- Experience or exposure to creation of data models/modeling an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English to explain concepts in conversation and in writing and to draft technical reports.
- Self -learner with the ability to keep abreast of on-going development in the field.
- Good analytical, problem solving, and team-work skills with the ability to handle changing priorities and to multi-task.
- Capability to effectively represent the Database Administration (DBA) team on incident management calls.
- Ability to work with multiple demands and short deadlines.
- Availability to occasionally work outside regular work hours.
72,783.89 - $86,940.11 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 11, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities