Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
ASSISTANT TO THE SECRETARY-GENERAL AND GENERAL COUNSEL (P5825)
Deadline: May 12, 2021
Reporting to the Secretary-General and General Counsel, the incumbent provides legal, administrative, and logistical support to the Secretary-General and General Counsel. In addition, the incumbent also performs administrative duties for the Director as well as the Legal Counsels in support of the Secretary-General and General Counsel’s mandates.
- Manage the agenda of the Secretary-General and General Counsel as well as the Director and Legal Counsels as required
- Handle confidential and sensitive incoming correspondence addressed to the Secretary-General and General Counsel, Director and Legal Counsels; bring non-routine matters to the attention of the Secretary-General and General Counsel, the Director or Administrative Coordinator as required
- Ensure the Secretary-General and General Counsel is properly briefed and prepared for all meetings by creating and maintaining, in consultation with the Director and the Administrative Coordinator
- Compose and proofread a variety of correspondence and documents (French and English) for the Secretary-General and General Counsel including creation, compilation and analysis of data and information in preparation of external and internal correspondence
- Identify and assess the different aspects of documents and emails in order to properly manage the Secretary-General and General Counsel’s files according to the University’s classification and retention rules.
- Perform financial administrative duties for the Office including the preparing, processing and tracking of expense reports, invoices and related budget-related documentation
- Perform legal administrative duties for the Legal Counsels in support of the Secretary-General and General Counsel’s mandates, when required
- Brief the Secretary-General and General Counsel, Director and Administrative Coordinator as required to ensure that appropriate action or follow-up
- Liaise with internal and external bodies, individuals and groups of which the Secretary-General and General Counsel and the Director are members
- Perform other duties as required by the Secretary-General and General Counsel in support of the unit
- Diploma of College Studies (3 year Technical program) in Office Technology or in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of relevant experience
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French in order to write and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages
- Ability to work in Windows environment; good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and of Excel); basic knowledge of PowerPoint, Outlook, and electronic mail systems
- Diligent attention to detail
- Superior ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and discretion
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to exercise the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as part of a larger team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively
$58,931.00- $68,337.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 12, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities