Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SENIOR STUDENT RECRUITMENT OFFICER (P1900)
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Student Recruitment and working closely with the management team in Student Recruitment, the incumbent acts as a resource person for prospective students, parents and external stakeholders for matters relating to admissions according to standards and procedures defined by the University. He/she analyzes application data to establish recruitment plans and also acts as a senior resource person and serves as a conduit to campus partners for matters relating to student recruitment.
- Provide effective leadership and collaboration to ensure integration of planning, development, communications functions as well as effective evaluation tools and measures.
- Provide leadership, coaching and expertise to the recruitment team in the development and execution of recruitment strategy.
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of the Recruitment Officers to ensure assigned tasks are carried out with a high level of professionalism; organize and provide training as required.
- Active involvement in the development, planning, preparation and undertaking of established University recruitment strategies.
- Develop and manage recruitment efforts with all CEGEPs (English- and French-speaking) to ensure a coordinated, inclusive, accessible and responsive approach in the primary undergraduate recruitment territory.
- Raise the University’s profile by participating in off-campus recruitment activities; assist with on-campus events and special campus tours.
- Lead a recruitment project portfolio as assigned on a yearly rotating basis.
- Work within the Student Recruitment management team to establish annual travel schedule and budget.
- Collaborate with the Enrolment Services Marketing and Student Communications Team to provide suggestions on the content of recruitment publications and communications to ensure they are reflective of prospective student information needs.
- Work in collaboration with the student recruitment management team to make suggestions on improvements to the recruitment process and identify new opportunities and markets.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of work experience in student recruitment, public relations or marketing.
- Graduate degree and/or experience in the post-secondary environment in Quebec (familiarity with educational systems as well as knowledge of undergraduate admissions requirements and academic regulations policies and procedures), desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to inform and advise students, to communicate effectively with internal and external clients and to assist in the development of promotional material; knowledge of other languages, an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint; familiarity with the Student Information System (SIS) and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, faculty, and external contacts and to give presentations to groups of potential students and their parents.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Outgoing personality who thrives on working with the public.
- Ability to work under pressure, to prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Possession of a valid passport, desirable.
- Required to travel extensively and to work flexible hours.
$76.948.03 - $ 91,917.74 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by May 29, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities