Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR (P2117)
Deadline: January 21, 2021
Reporting to the Chair of the Psychology Department, the incumbent plans, organizes, directs and improves the efficient and effective management of the Psychology Department’s infrastructure as well as its human, financial and physical resources.
- Manage and coordinate the daily operation of the Department which includes planning, monitoring and initiating improvements to Departmental operational policies and practices; monitor progress, budget and impact of projects.
- Initiate, establish and implement policies and procedures regarding non-academic staff, including supervising, hiring, disciplinary actions, requests for reclassification, time off (including vacation time and leaves), and restructuring which may include abolishment of positions.
- Manage the department’s budgets including operating, overhead cost and endowed accounts and within budgetary authority, approve or reject request from faculty, staff and students.
- Assign approximately seventy teaching assistantships per academic year.
- Administer Concordia University Faculty Association (CUFA) and Concordia University Part-Time Faculty Association (CUPFA) Collective Agreements by organizing the hiring of part-time faculty and serving as the resource (spokesperson) on the Part-Time Hiring Committee.
- Contribute to the formation of the class schedules and assist in the assignment of full-time faculty workload.
- Assist new faculty with the assignment and set up of office and laboratory space.
- Organize and supervise major and minor projects, major moves, self-appraisal, internal audit, Canadian Psychological Association/ American Psychological Association (CPA/APA) accreditation site visits, memorials, retirement parties, lectures and receptions from endowed accounts, etc.
- Serve on Departmental Committees, Space Committee, Part-Time Faculty Hiring Committee, and Chair’s Advisory Committee etc. and edit departmental minutes and documents.
- Bachelor’s degree and four to seven years of related experience, including at least two years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in managing a large department in a higher education setting desirable.
- Knowledge of the Concordia office environment and Millennium (including Web-Requisitioning), Faculty Resource Information System (FRIS), Student Information System (SIS) and Faculty Course Management System (FCMS) an asset.
- Strong knowledge of Faculty and Staff Collective Agreements (CUFA, CUPFA, CUSSU, CUPEU, CUUSS-TS) desirable.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to prepare reports, policies and procedures as well as communicating effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and reading comprehension in French in order to communicate with students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in researching and writing reports as well as editing documents produced by other personnel an asset.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to set priorities.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work independently as well as with a team.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE538-51A and that the associated salary range is $ 89,616- $ 103,935 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 21, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities