Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT RECRUITMENT ASSISTANT (P1877)
Deadline: April 22, 2021
This posting represents a leave replacement effective until August 26, 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Student Recruitment, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative support to the student recruitment team and the various student recruitment activities and events organized by the office.
- Provide administrative support to recruitment officers and their duties.
- Help schedule recruitment events and activities; attend events and interact with prospective students and staff.
- Respond to requests from students and staff for recruitment materials and maintain publications/materials inventory.
- Prepare shipments of materials for school visits and various educational fairs.
- Respond to student inquiries.
- Maintain a database of all schools in Canada and coordinate the regular mailings of recruitment publications to high schools and CEGEPs.
- Maintain inventory of material (banners, table cloths, brochures etc).
- Ensure completeness of file after initial review; update the admission decision field after the application has been analyzed and cancel files when appropriate.
- Perform other duties in support of the operations of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (two year pre-university DEC) and one to two years of work related experience.
- Experience with mass mailings and inventory and distribution systems, an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order to communicate effectively with students and alumni.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Microsoft Access, Excel and Word.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal with individuals in a sensitive matter.
- Ability to cope in a high volume environment and meet established deadlines.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a team member and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.27 to $30.00 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 22, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities