Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES
COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR (C5468)
Deadline: February 4, 2020
This posting represents a five-year full-time contract position.
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Human Resources (AVP, HR), with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Director, Institutional Communications, the incumbent communicates the strategic goals of Concordia’s HR Department and assists in the development, coordination and implementation of communications strategies and media relations activities. They act as a liaison between the HR department and University Communications Services (UCS) in contributing to the creation and execution of communications projects.
- Coordinate with UCS to ensure continuity and consistency of messaging.
- Coordinate all phases of communication projects up to completion: write and edit materials, coordinate design, etc.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of short and long-term communications strategies in collaboration with managers and staff to support Human Resources-driven initiatives as well as major university-wide projects that have a Human Resources impact.
- Recommend and participate in the development of communications vehicles such as press releases, newsletters, electronic publications, and social media channels to ensure promotion and positive imaging of the department and of Concordia through its news, developments, and initiatives.
- Gather, research, and write communications material for internal and external use; including, but not limited to, letters, stories, material for social media tools and web posting.
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, presentations, web pages, and press releases; prepare informational materials to promote HR-related projects; arrange for promotional photo shoots or other visuals as required.
- Working in collaboration with UCS’s Web Communications Department, oversee the maintenance of the department’s web presence.
- Assist in developing and maintaining effective mechanisms to facilitate two-way internal departmental communications, including receiving and disseminating news and event information.
- Other duties as assigned by the AVP HR and the Director, Institutional Communications, UCS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or a related field, with four to seven years of experience in communications or similar work.
- Very good knowledge (level 5) of spoken and written English and French language skills in order to write and edit communication material and to translate ‘technical’ or policy driven information.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Microsoft Word and basic knowledge of Excel and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; discreet, conscientious, capable of taking initiative and ability to multitask; must be tactful and diplomatic.
- Demonstrated skills in writing, editing and proofreading.
- Proven ability to interpret ‘technical’ or policy driven information and appropriately communicate the essence of the message to targeted audiences.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization and with external clients.
- Knowledge of working within a unionized environment an asset.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and ensure that specific deadlines are met; ability to trouble-shoot problems that may arise
$ 72,950.00- $ 84,595.00 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 4, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities