Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES
THESIS ADMINISTRATOR (P5804)
Deadline: July 29, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Graduate Admissions, the incumbent acts as a team leader for the thesis office and provides professional expertise to academic and administrative staff and to students in matters related to doctoral theses and prizes.
- Administer all theses and graduation prizes such as the ADESAQ and CAGS dissertation awards, the Concordia doctoral dissertation prize and others; maintain a repository of recognition opportunities for students in thesis programs and communicate these to the graduate program personnel and Faculties.
- Oversee the day-to-day functioning of the thesis office to ensure that policies and procedures are followed.
- Maintain a listing of doctoral thesis rankings for reference by the Associate Dean.
- Develop and implement streamlined processes for the receipt and circulation of thesis documents, and maximize potential of the SIS. Explore usability of relevant software tools.
- Maintain and disseminate documentation regarding the thesis process; recommend changes to procedures and documentation.
- Oversee the maintenance of the thesis database and the internal thesis tracking system and contact IITS as necessary for updates.
- Develop and deliver workshops with GradProSkills for students; participate in any orientation or information session related to theses.
- Maintain and interpret thesis-related statistics and prepare appropriate reports.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Master’s degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft SIS desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in process mapping and process-improvement.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing IT solutions in order to improve process efficiency.
- Knowledge of Concordia University graduate programs, regulations and academic policies highly desirable.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English to provide detailed information and compose documents; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French to communicate with the public.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, and to deal with high volume during peak periods.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work in a team environment and to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to function as a team leader and unit resource person.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team; tact and courtesy; sound judgment; discretion required with regards to personal student information.
- Understanding of university’s mission, goals and culture.
- Demonstrated proactive work style; will take initiative to make personal connections with key personnel internally and externally.
$ 69, 159.91 – $ 82, 607.96 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by July 29, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.