Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
STUDENT SUCCESS CENTRE
ADVISOR, CAREER AND PLANNING SERVICES (CAPS) (P4757)
Deadline: April 8, 2020
Amended posting. This posting represents a maternity leave replacement effective until April 16, 2021.
Reporting to the Manager, Career and Planning Services the incumbent provides assistance to recruiters and advice to students seeking professional employment. He/she coordinates, as well as initiates outreach efforts with employers, both on and off campus.
- Provide job search advising and related employment services to students regarding job search strategies, resume writing, interview techniques, and recruitment preparation individually and in groups.
- Initiate and organize outreach efforts with recruiters; manage employer files for on-campus recruiting positions.
- Coordinate and organize career fairs, information sessions and career panels.
- Develop and implement sections or portions of workshop and career-related instructional materials for students.
- Research job markets and monitor projected trends of business and industry in matters concerning student employment.
- Initiate and organize internal outreach activities with students, faculty and staff to promote CAPS presence on campus; undertake projects and participate in forums to assist in the development of CAPS’ network, resources and service to clientele.
- Perform other duties in the support of the operation of the unit.
- Bachelor’s degree with two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and French in order inform and advise students and to communicate effectively with recruiters.
- Experience with recruiting practices.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of PowerPoint (to develop interactive presentations), Word (to create and manage documents) and Excel (to create and manage spreadsheets).
- A solid understanding of the job market and industry trends.
- Excellent interpersonal, relation-building, and communication skills to interact effectively with students, staff, and external recruiters and to give presentations to a variety of different groups.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
- Ability to work outside normal operating hours.
- Familiarity with university programs and the ability to recognize student potential is an asset.
$70,939.46 – $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities