Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
Deadline: March 30, 2021
This is a permanent full-time position: 38.75 hours per week; (4-days workweek, working from 7:00a.m. to 4:45p.m.).
Reporting to the Supervisor responsible for the sector (portfolios 1 to 3), the incumbent performs technical functions related to the repair, operation, and maintenance of various electrical systems, such as H.V.A.C. (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning), and electrical equipment at the University.
- Maintain, repair and operate electrical equipment such as circuit breakers, motors, generators, transformers, distribution panels, interior and exterior lighting, electric heating and other safety or metering devices using electricity, as well as any electrical control portion found in the operating systems of the building infrastructures.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Prepare and work on material; submit lists of materials and equipment for purchasing requests.
- Perform inspections, assessments and reporting on various assets.
- Performing data entry with the latest technology in preventive maintenance.
- Install new electrical lighting and distribution systems and associated control systems; take all necessary voltage and amperage readings.
- Respond to service calls and emergencies.
- Assist the Engineering and Building Performance department with energy conservation programs and commissioning.
- Plan and communicate electrical service and equipment interruptions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor (including cleaning of equipment and electrical rooms).
- Secondary High School Diploma (SSD) and Diploma of Vocational Education (DVS) Electricity and five years of related work experience as a holder of the requested electrician professional certification.
- Holder of an electrician certification (CÉ) delivered by Emploi-Québec or an electrician certification delivered by the CCQ.
- The completion of a Construction Security Course and Proprietary Construction License (16) desirable are considered assets.
- Ability to read electrical blueprints.
- Knowledge of the latest electrical command devices, H.V.A.C. supervision systems and fire alarm systems.
- Good interpersonal skills and autonomous in work execution.
- Valid driver’s license in Quebec.
- Basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written English and French in order to read and understand drawings, instructions technical manual, respond to services call and to complete forms and routine reports.
- Physical ability to perform primary responsibilities attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction (e.g. ability to lift, carry and move, equipment weighing up to 23 kg without assistance and up to 45 kg with assistance).
- Ability to differentiate between colors as attested by successful completion of a Color Blind Test – Ishihara Plates.
- Capable of using respiration and hearing protections as well as various protective clothings.
- Will require use of hearing protection enrollment in the University’s Hearing Conservation Program.
- Will require use of respiratory protection and enrollment in the University’s Respiratory Protection Program.
$30.47 per hour Diversified and rewarding career opportunity, Comprehensive set of benefits and pension plan, generous annual vacation. Policy and easily accessible by public transit.
STT DES MéTIERS DE CONCORDIA - CSN
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 30, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities