Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
BOOKING & SUPPORT COORDINATOR (P1866)
Deadline: September 28, 2021
This posting represents a maternity leave replacement until September 2022.
Reporting to the Manager, Conference Services, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating the booking requests for faculty, staff, students and external clients; assume a variety of office support duties, including liaise with clients and suppliers, customer-related services, event-related services and assist the Conference team on departmental activities. As the front-line department representative, the incumbent is also responsible for greeting, assisting and providing information to all Hospitality customers coming into our office.
- Manage bookings for university and external community wishing to host non-academic events, symposiums and activities on campus; evaluate needs and recommend best solutions to ensure successful outcome, resolve conflicts and review requests according to University policies and guidelines.
- Act as a resource person and provide direction for the internal and external community regarding Hospitality areas and -managed venues as well as other event venues campus-wide; responds to customer inquiries and issues, and take necessary follow up action to address the request and/or to resolve the situation.
- Provide direction to the internal and external community regarding protocols when hosting events on campus: University procedures and policies, as well as external and government regulations, such as RACJ, and MAPAQ in order to mitigate risks on campus; determine necessary permits, waivers, etc. specific to each event.
- Ensure all event requests are in compliance of the University’s Policies on Temporary Space, Alcohol, and Food, and their respective procedures; verify booking information is accurate and complete, to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety, Security and external agency regulations.
- Prepare booking confirmations and lease agreements (logistical details, event set-ups, payment process, insurance, regulations, personnel, facilities and service fees, client instructions) and event-related documents.
- Act as a liaison for clients, event coordinators and other University Space Administrators to ensure optimization of campus facilities, and ability to accommodate multitude of activities for both the internal and external community.
- Handle the rental of Conference equipment (process requests, payments ensures available inventory), for University events; Manage furniture inventory and oversee process and suggests improvements.
- Perform administrative duties as required by Manager, prepare reports, schedule meetings and provide assistance on departmental operations and projects.
- Review booking and departmental processes on an ongoing basis in order to continuously improve customer service and efficiencies.
- Project a positive image of the University when providing information, in-person, by telephone, and via email, related to Conference and Commercial activities to students, faculty, staff and external clients.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) in a field relevant to primary responsibilities and four to seven years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of an Event Management Software (ie: EMS).
- Good knowledge (intermediate level) of Word (to set up forms, do mail merges, and to prepare labels); basic knowledge of Excel (to create reports) and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of University Portal applications and Maximo system; good Knowledge about University policies
- Good knowledge (Level 4) spoken English and basic knowledge (Level 3) spoken French in order to discuss and to respond to various inquiries; good knowledge (Level 4) written English in order to draft correspondence and produce letters.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, to work under pressure, to multitask, to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to demonstrate proactive problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and dedication to providing exceptional customer service.
- Superior organizational skills: able to establish and respond to priorities in a high-volume environment while working independently or as part of a team.
$28.12 - $33.84 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by September 28, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.