Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF RESEARCH
COORDINATOR, RESEARCH GRANTS (P2685A)
Deadline: June 23, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Research Grants, the incumbent is responsible for the overall administration and processing of research grants and related programs and processes, both internal and external. He/she will act as an administrative liaison between the Office of Research (OOR) and internal units as well as between Concordia University, and external research funding agencies and other institutions and supports the administration of research-related accounts.
- Coordinate and oversee the processes related to transfers of funds, provide researchers with information regarding the process for sending and receiving funds to/from another institution.
- Prepare, process, and verify the documents for transfer requests; obtain required documentation from both internal and external stakeholders; coordinate the appropriate signature process and liaise with other institution(s) to execute and process the transferred award.
- Initiate the preparation of grant application packages; respond to queries from researchers regarding agency regulations and procedures; verify for completeness and process external and internal grant applications; announce and process grants awarded.
- Administer all research-related accounts; research account openings and closures, administer transfers from general research funds.
- Liaise with external funding agencies with regards to application process, guidelines, policies and financial administration of awards.
- Update and maintain Office of Research internal databases, such as ConRAD; administer the distribution of funds from central accounts using ConRAD.
- Under the direction of the Director VPRGS Sector, perform critical functions of the Manager, Research Grants in her absence.
- Act as secretary to internal adjudication grant committees (NSC, Petro-Canada, URA), ensure the appropriate follow-through and organize meetings as required.
- Prepare and deliver training sessions related to grant review process and post-award management and support the Manager, Research Grants in the preparation of grant information sessions and documents/tools and updating of documentation for internal programs and procedures.
- Gather data and complete reports for agencies such as: SSHRC Institutional Grant and CASA Distribution and activity report, and others as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a field pertinent to the primary responsibilities and one to two years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English in order to respond to inquiries and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English in order to draft correspondence; knowledge of spoken and written French is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, identify priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude, problem solving skills and customer service minded.
$61,906.86- $73,941.04 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 23, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities