Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
SERVICE ASSISTANT (P5768)
Deadline: February 5, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Administration of the Centre for Continuing Education, the incumbent is responsible for the daily processing of academic, student financial and faculty functions and serves as a front-line resource for students, faculty and visitors, providing information on the Centre’s academic offerings, policies and procedures.
- Provide optimal client experience in relation to front-line services offered by the Centre. This includes the manner in which clients and visitors receive operational and academic information, the handling of student and faculty information in a confidential and professional manner, and the maintenance of confidentiality in such matters.
- Process CCE student admission, enrollment, registration and withdrawals in the Student Information System (SIS). Upload all requisite documents to the SIS. Assess and resolve issues that arise and implement appropriate solutions.
- Process CCE student financial account transactions in the SIS including collection of payments and issuing refunds. Reconcile the daily cashier/register activities for CCE student financial transactions. Assess and resolve financial student account issues that arise and implement appropriate solutions.
- Process CCE International Student admissions in the SIS respecting admission requirements, application procedures, immigration policies, regulations and procedures and medical insurance requirements. Prepare letters of acceptance for international students. Upload all requisite documents to the SIS. Assess and resolve issues that arise and implement appropriate solutions.
- Prepare correspondence and student requested documents, including letters of attestation, official and unofficial transcripts and the like. Upload all pertinent documents to the SIS.
- Create, modify and maintain course, class, instructor, and program records within the SIS. Prepare class lists, grade sheets, course posting documents, instructor seniority and probation lists, teaching contracts and other Instructor/Union reports.
- Verify that students have satisfied program requirements and prepares certificates, diplomas and attestations for signature and distribution.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) two to four years of related experience. Experience working in a university environment and cultural sensitivity desirable.
- Good knowledge (level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (level 3) of spoken French able to respond to in-person and telephone requests for information.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and Excel, very good data entry and electronic mail systems skills.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a collaborative manner; demonstrated client service orientation.
- Ability to work extended hours throughout the year.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE262-14A and that the associated salary range is $28.62 to $34.04 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 5, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities