Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
COORDINATOR, GOVERNMENT RELATIONS (P1567)
Deadline: February 26, 2020
This posting represents a temporary full-time leave replacement effective until July 19, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director, Government Relations, the incumbent supports the Executive Director in furthering strategic relationships with public administrations at the federal, provincial and municipal levels in order to promote the University's vision, positions and priorities. He/she also coordinates and supports initiatives led by the Executive Director and other senior University officials, ensures that University constituents are aware of current or forthcoming public administration initiatives, identifies the potential opportunities coming from such initiatives, and evaluates their potential impacts on the University’s activities.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive contact network and positive working relationships with various stakeholders (elected officials, political staff, and civil servants) within the federal, provincial and municipal administrations.
- Research diversified and often complex issues that require finding, compiling and analyzing data and information from a vast array of internal and external sources.
- Prepare, update, and follow-up as necessary, various dossiers, projects or special reports involving diverse internal and external stakeholders requiring an in-depth understanding of government operations, structures and processes.
- Prepare briefing materials, proposals, reports and other materials as required for the advancement of dossiers and initiatives.
- Advance positive relationships and partnerships with counterparts across the higher education network in Quebec and Canada.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the primary responsibilities and four to seven years of pertinent work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- In-depth, direct knowledge of the functioning and internal cultures of federal, provincial and municipal administrations, including parliamentary procedure and regular government operations.
- Comprehensive network of contacts within various public administrations is highly desirable.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and French to communicate effectively with government and community stakeholders.
- Superior ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and discretion and to commensurate with the Office of the President.
- Proven ability to plan, coordinate and manage complex projects involving various internal and external stakeholders, within established deadlines and parameters.
- Diligent attention to detail.
- Proven ability for teamwork.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
$70,939.46 - $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 26, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities