Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
LIFELONG LEARNING & CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (CCE)
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE ASSOCIATE VICE-PRESIDENT, LIFE LONG LEARNING & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (P5520A)
Deadline: April 30, 2021
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Lifelong Learning & Executive Director, the incumbent will provide administrative, secretarial and logistical support to the Office of Associate Vice-President, Lifelong Learning & Executive Director, Continuing Education.
- Manage the agenda of the Associate Vice-President & Executive Director; identify appropriate course of action with respect to scheduling and coordinating appointments, meetings, projects critical paths.
- Screen, respond, or refer inquiries (i.e.: in person, by e-mail or by telephone) from clients, students, instructors, faculty, administration and external organizations; such liaison would include issues of sensitivity and high confidentiality.
- Prepare files for the Associate Vice-President & Executive Director, including compilation of information for active external and internal dossiers; maintain “bring forward and follow-up” systems for proper project and document management including confidential files.
- Develop and prepare reports, presentations, spread sheets, forms, prepare contracts and perform follow-ups.
- Act as Secretary to Office of the Associate Vice-President & Executive Director committees by preparing all documentation, note-taking, minute-taking, and follow up on agenda items.
- Assist in coordinating and providing administrative support and customer service for development projects; logistics for special events, workshops, customized training, and contribute to the Lifelong Learning support services.
- Brief the Office of the Associate Vice-President & Executive Director on issues requiring its attention.
- Coordinate travel, hospitality, public relations arrangements, conference participation, processing expenses, accounts payable, accounts receivable, purchasing and petty cash.
- Support and assist the members of the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Lifelong Learning & Executive Director in the coordination of administrative activities.
- Perform other duties in support of the unit.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (Three-year technical DEC) in Office Technology or in a related field and four to seven years of relevant experience including demonstrated experience in senior management offices.
- Very good knowledge (Level 5) of spoken and written English and good knowledge (Level 4) spoken and written French to compose and edit correspondence, provide and interpret detailed information, and deal with complex situations in both official languages.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook; good understanding Acrobat Reader Professional.
- Knowledge of internal information systems, such as Maximo, SIS and Millennium an asset.
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask and to establish and follow priorities while maintaining flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and in a team; excellent client-service orientation.
- Strong communication, customer service, decision-making, interpersonal, leadership, organizational, planning and problem solving skills.
- Discreet with a strong sense of confidentiality; tactful and sensitive to diverse cultures and constituents.
- Proven work related competencies in cultural and emotional intelligence.
- Availability to work overtime when required.
$31.99 - $38.52 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 30, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.