Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
APPLIED HUMAN SCIENCES
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM ASSISTANT (P2713B)
Deadline: April 8, 2020
Amended posting. This posting represents a leave replacement effective until July 30, 2021
Reporting to the Department Administrator, the incumbent provides administrative assistance to the daily operation of the undergraduate programs and to the department by responding to inquiries from current and potential students and faculty members regarding AHSC undergraduate programs as well as university-wide policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Undergraduate Programs Coordinator regarding the academic advising process, new student orientations, registration problems and other student-related program issues.
- Screen inquiries, answer questions regarding policies and procedures, troubleshoot and research problems, and recommend solutions; maintain contact with Enrolment Services and FAS Student Academic Services.
- Act as a front-line support for services to current and potential students: answer in-person, telephone and email inquiries regarding student requests, grade re-evaluations, academic deadlines, registration, program transfers, internship procedures, drop-in advising, academic schedules, etc.; Screen all inquiries and refer issues to the administrator as necessary.
- Act as the department coordinator regarding policies and procedures for final grade submissions and notations. Advise faculty of correct notations and interpret policies.
- Inform the administrator when issues arise regarding upcoming deadlines. Liaise with faculty members for final examinations and ensure that all requirements are met in accordance with the university exams office.
- Receive all student re-evaluation requests, assemble documentation and provide to the administrator. Act as a resource for academic procedures, deadlines and forms and inform faculty.
- Provide support to the administration of the department: general inquiries; informing current and new faculty of policies and procedures; records management; work orders, key requests, room bookings; general office duties. Act as a resource for new staff.
- Assist with the coordination and assembling of documentation for recruitment, open house and new student orientation events.
- Attestation of Collegial Studies and two to four years of customer service experience with students in an academic department.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English in order to communicate effectively with students, staff and faculty; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken French to respond to general inquiries.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word and of Excel (to create and update documents and spreadsheets); working knowledge of SIS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal firmly but politely with students and other concerned parties.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Keen attention to details.
- Sensitivity to students’ concerns.
- Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment as both a member of a team and independently.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE236-14A and that the associated salary range is $ 28.62 - $ 34.04 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by April 8, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities