Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
JOHN MOLSON SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
ASSISTANT TO THE ASSOCIATE DEAN, PROFESSIONAL GRADUATE PROGRAMS (P1600)
Deadline: June 18, 2021
Reporting to the Associate Dean, Professional Graduate Program, the incumbent provides secretarial, administrative, and logistical support to the Associate Dean.
- Provides administrative support to the Associate Dean; manages the agenda and daily correspondence; responds to correspondence and emails on behalf of the Associate Dean; prepares correspondence for Associate Dean’s signature; prepares meeting dossiers and confidential documentation; maintains filing system; assists in the preparation of reports, etc.
- Briefs the Associate Dean on issues requiring their immediate attention and follows up as required.
- Provides logistical and administrative support to the Faculty Curriculum Committee; coordinates documentation related to all curriculum proposals, prepares reports as required by Associate Dean regarding curriculum process.
- Acts as Secretary to various committees established by, or reporting to, the Associate Dean; drafts notices and agenda, gathers and assembles documents for distribution to members, records minutes and follows up on action items.
- Liaises with various departments throughout the university on matters affecting the Office of the Associate Dean.
- Oversees all aspects of event planning for the Office of the Associate Dean activities (i.e. organizes meeting space, logistics, supplies, catering, accounting, and reporting).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean.
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (3 year technical DEC) in Office Technology or in other field related to major responsibilities and two to four years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English, in order to respond to internal and external inquiries, and to prepare and edit documents and correspondence for the Associate Dean. Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French, in order to answer external inquiries.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and PowerPoint in order to create and format various documents and spreadsheets, use financial functions in the analysis of data, prepare reports and presentations, etc. Knowledge of the Curriculum Tracking System (Provotrack) to efficiently process curriculum change proposals.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines, especially during peak periods.
- Attention to detail, ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and work on a variety of projects concurrently.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to take and transcribe minutes.
- Experience working in an academic setting, an asset.
$30.39 to $36.55 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by June 18, 2021. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.