Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
OFFICE ASSISTANT (P1794)
Deadline: January 7, 2020
This position represents a temporary leave replacement effective until May 15, 2021.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Integration and functionally to two Vice-Provosts, the incumbent provides scheduling and administrative support to two Vice-Provosts. The incumbent also provides administrative and logistical support to the Office of the Provost. He/she may also be required to serve as an initial contact person for visitors and provides general information and assistance to students, faculty members and the general public.
- Manage the agenda of the Vice-Provosts and schedule internal and external appointments and meetings; ensure that relevant documentation such as agenda, note sheets, action item sheets, e-mails, formal documentation, etc. is included to support the daily activities of the Vice-Provost.
- Monitor the Vice-Provosts’ public email accounts, and respond to, or re-direct inquiries accordingly.
- Perform secretarial and administrative duties, including booking, meeting space and assisting in logistics for meetings and events.
- Compose and send general correspondence to faculty and staff.
- Process mail, send faxes, maintain bulletin boards and order stationery supplies to ensure the efficiency of the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Maintain a system for proper management of documents; organize and maintain files.
- Review, verify, process, and follow up on staff expense reports, corporate credit card, internal and interdepartmental expenses, and perform other functions in relation to financial administration.
- Coordinate travel plans and process expense reports for the Vice-Provosts.
- Act as a resource person for faculty, students and staff for all general information related to the Office.
- Participates in Office projects and other activities as required by the Executive Director.
- Attestation of College Studies and two to four years of related work experience.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate level) of Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of the Internet.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken and written English and basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French in order to provide and interpret detailed information and to write routine correspondence.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with senior officials and all of the diverse constituencies of the university community, as well as with external contacts.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks while handling a high volume of inquiries with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and to work as part of a team.
- A calm, even and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work outside normal work hours.
$26.72 - $32.14 per hour
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by January 7, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities