Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (GCS)
SERVICE ASSISTANT, OFFICE OF THE DEAN (P1604)
Deadline: March 5, 2020
This posting represents a temporary full-time leave replacement effective until January 28, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Administration, the incumbent provides front line service to students, faculty, and visitors by responding to in-person, telephone, and email inquiries, as well as secretarial, administrative, and event support to the Dean’s Office
- Respond to inquiries and redirect visitors.
- Open, sort, and direct incoming mail.
- Update various contact lists for the dean.
- Create room bookings and coordinate as needed with facilities personnel.
- Prepare routine correspondence and reports, and complete forms.
- Participate in the organization of School events and meetings such as, but not limited to, the Dean’s Awards, the Dean’s Excellence Awards, Faculty Council, Accreditation, and Summer @ Concordia.
- Maintain the filing system.
- Act as a logistical resource person for the dean’s office units.
- Make minor updates to the GCS websites.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate inventory of office and conference-room supplies; restock when necessary; ensure all equipment is well maintained; arranges for repairs when necessary.
- Perform other duties in support of the Office of the Dean.
- Attestation of College Studies (ASC) in Office Technology or in a field related to the primary responsibilities and two to four years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of the University environment is an asset.
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English and French to explain policies and procedures, and to respond to general inquiries as well as emergency telephone calls. Good knowledge (Level 4) of written English to compose related correspondence and proofread documents, and basic knowledge (Level 3) of written French.
- Good knowledge (Intermediate Level) of Word (to format letters and reports and do mail merges), of Excel and Access (to enter data and update information, create documents).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated pro-active attitude, problem-solving skills, and customer service orientation; ability to take initiative and work autonomously with minimal supervision.
*Please note this is a Pay Equity designated position PE261-14A and that the associated salary range is $25.27 to $30.00 per hour.
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 5, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities