Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS
NETWORK SECURITY ANALYST (P1791)
Deadline: March 4, 2020
This posting represents a full-time maternity replacement effective until March 5, 2021
Reporting to the Manager, Network Services, the incumbent is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, support and maintenance of highly-available and secure network security solutions. He/she ensure that network services are available on a 24x7 basis with minimal interruptions which may be caused by physical or virtual threats.
- Respond to incidents/service requests and work with appropriate support personnel on a technical level to resolve in a timely manner.
- Monitor, detect and address network security & availability issues.
- Apply software/firmware patches to network support systems (e.g. Firewall, IPS, WAF, Network monitoring, DHCP, RADIUS).
- Install customized network security management solutions specific to university requirements
- Design and implement network security solutions.
- Evaluates current hardware and software implementations and recommends appropriate improvements.
- Document network security systems configurations and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field and two to four years of related experience, of which two years of experience in Cisco network and systems administration. Prior experience providing consulting services to clients desirable.
- Cisco certifications: CCNA and CCNP or CCSP (or equivalent certifications from other manufacturers)
- Cisco certifications: CCDP/ CCIE (or equivalent certifications from other manufacturers) an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to operate efficiently, and effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Dedicated to providing exemplary customer services.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Application/Stateful/UTM firewalls, Web content filtering, Web application firewalls (WAF), IPS/IDS, Wireless Security.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience supporting network services applications such as DHCP (ISC), DNS (Bind), RADIUS (FreeRADIUS).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience using network management/diagnostic tools (e.g.Cisco Prime, NetDisco, Sniffer)
- In depth knowledge of and experience working with operating systems such as Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows , Mac OS X.
- In depth experience configuring and maintaining Cisco switches, Routers, Firewalls, WAF, VPN services.
- Knowledge of wireless LAN, QoS, and VolP infrastructure is desirable.
- Knowledge of VoIP protocols and standards - SIP, MGCP, RTP, RTCP, SDP, etc an asset.
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (Level 4) to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions, and good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken French; knowledge of written French an asset
- Familiarity with ITSM/ITIL processes and methodologies.
$70,939.46 - $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by March 4, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities