Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
INSTRUCTIONAL AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (IITS)
TELEPHONY SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (P4714A)
Deadline: February 5, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, Voice Services & Operations, IITS, the incumbent provides support for university-wide telephony service applications (Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) and subcomponents such as E911, IVR, and ICD (Call Center) systems). He/she troubleshoots and updates systems as well as maintains and customizes applications scripts and software tools.
- Monitor and maintain systems to ensure their integrity and availability; troubleshoot production problems.
- Provide layer 2/3 technical support to colleagues, end users and stakeholders.
- Identify and analyze end user requirements, translate requirements to technical specifications.
- Install, configure and customize applications and tools pertaining to the operation or delivery of telephony services.
- Coordinate with team members and other IITS groups in order to achieve efficient resolution of issues.
- Implement changes in accordance with IITS processes and best practices.
- Develop, update, maintain and document standard operation procedures and implement them.
- Assist with the upgrading of server systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in a related field, and two to four years of relevant work experience.
- ITIL Certification desirable.
- Experience with Voice/VoIP applications and protocols (Cisco Unified Communications) are assets.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience installing, configuring, optimizing and securing server systems such as Linux (RHEL), Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft IIS, Apache Web Server.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with authentication, communications and collaboration systems such as Microsoft Exchange (email), Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with network protocols (eg. DHCP, DNS)
- Excellent knowledge of and working experience with VMware or other server virtualization platforms.
- Experience working with network devices as well as server and PC hardware (eg. RAM memory, disks).
- Experience scripting, programming and database querying.
- Experience with networked/distributed systems and applications.
- Experience working within ITIL (or equivalent) framework (Incident Management Change Management, Release & Deploy Management, Problem Management).
- Good knowledge of (Level 4) spoken English in order to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions, basic knowledge (Level 3) of written English; basic knowledge (Level 3) of spoken and written French.
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team; very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, responsible, and accountable attitude toward work assignments, co-workers and users.
$70,939.46 - $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 5, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities