Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please allow one (1) working day from the time you send in your application to receive an email confirmation.
GINA CODY SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE – AITS
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, INTERMEDIATE (P2331A)
Deadline: February 26, 2020
Reporting to the Manager, User Services, the incumbent works as part of a team to deploy and support IT systems and services ensuring that these systems are secure, reliable and adhere to all relevant institutional standards
- Resolve server and service problems reported by the University community and provide effective remedies.
- Implement operating system and application updates and upgrades, including applying patches.
- Ensure smooth system(s) operation which includes systems monitoring and performance tuning activities.
- Provide guidance and training to other IT support staff (e.g. Service Desk)
- Maintain and support in-house systems.
- Maintain awareness of server and other infrastructure technology and software; recommend assimilation of potentially useful products or services into supported product line.
- Install new server and infrastructure software; ensure systems are secure and reliable and collaborate with clients to define and implement operational procedures (maintenance windows, backup schedules, monitoring software).
- Evaluate users’ current hardware and software implementations and recommend appropriate improvements.
- Assist in the selection and purchase of server and infrastructure hardware and software.
- Assist in producing documentation.
- Offer onsite support for client computers in offices and laboratories whenever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field and two to four years of relevant experience.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience installing, configuring, optimizing and securing server systems such as Linux (RHEL), Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft IIS, Apache Web Server.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with authentication, communications and collaboration systems such as Microsoft Exchange (email), Microsoft Lync and Microsoft Active Directory. Excellent knowledge of and working experience with network protocols (e.g. DHCP, DNS)
- Experience working within ITIL (or equivalent) framework (Incident Management Change Management, Release & Deploy Management, Problem Management).
- Excellent knowledge of and experience working with VMware or other server virtualization platforms.
- Experience working with network devices as well as server and PC hardware (e.g. RAM memory, disks).
- Good knowledge (Level 4) of spoken English to give and understand detailed explanations and descriptions and basic knowledge of written English (Level 3) to prepare short and routine correspondence.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
$70,939.46 - $84,736.95 per annum
Interested applicants must submit a curriculum vitae with a covering letter by February 26, 2020. Please click on the How to Apply button below for further instructions.
IMPORTANT: The language and computer skills of short-listed candidates will be tested.
Concordia University is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal Peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, and persons with disabilities.
- Working at Concordia
- Current opportunities
- Employment equity
- Immigration guide for faculty
- Current opportunities